Mini-ZRacer.com Forums

Mini-ZRacer.com Forums (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/index.php)
-   X-Power R/C (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=210)
-   -   x-power still in business? (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41450)

Ka0sgh0st 2019.01.22 10:17 PM

x-power still in business?

Is X-Power still in business? and operating?

I made a purchase back on the 17th, and only have gotten a receipt from PayPal saying I made the purchase. I've tried to contact them through their website twice and also through social media and haven't gotten any response. I just want to make sure my order even went through at this point, Paypal has charged me for the order, yet have nothing from X-Power showing I made the purchase.

EMU 2019.01.22 10:34 PM

I received an order from them a month ago, it was not done in a timely manner. I didn't hear from them for a few weeks, then received notice of shipment and 2 weeks later I had my order. I believe it was roughly 8 weeks from placing the order and receiving it.

It could be that production on certain parts which are not in stock are done in a small batch on demand.

They recently purchased GL-Racing, and look like they are swamped with production of new parts on that end. Not making excuses for them, but they are probably focusing on the high demand as the Chinese new year holiday was approaching.

I find f book to be the best way to contact these HK based companies. It is disappointing to hear about poor service. And lack of communication for me is worse than informing of a slow delivery.

Ka0sgh0st 2019.01.23 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMU (Post 467754)
I received an order from them a month ago, it was not done in a timely manner. I didn't hear from them for a few weeks, then received notice of shipment and 2 weeks later I had my order. I believe it was roughly 8 weeks from placing the order and receiving it.

It could be that production on certain parts which are not in stock are done in a small batch on demand.

They recently purchased GL-Racing, and look like they are swamped with production of new parts on that end. Not making excuses for them, but they are probably focusing on the high demand as the Chinese new year holiday was approaching.

I find f book to be the best way to contact these HK based companies. It is disappointing to hear about poor service. And lack of communication for me is worse than informing of a slow delivery.

the lack of communication is what has me worried. Social media messenger shows they read the message i sent, but no reply. being I got nothing from their website has m worried too. I wonder if I should just cancel the order. I was getting a 64 pitch ball diff and a black LM mount as the blue atomic mount I have doesnt fit with the rest of the car.

EMU 2019.01.23 12:32 AM

The blue atomic also has limited gearing range. The largest pinion that can be used is 13/51 only with the axle in the lowest position. So not ideal for stock racing. I just installed mine last week, and feel like I either need to swap out for a different mount, or move the car up to the pro stock class with a bigger motor that can work in the ranges that are supported with this mount.

I was in the same boat as you, forgot about the order, then received shipping notification and remembered about it. My buddy reached out to them inquiring about becoming a dealer as he is preparing to open a track and has not heard back from them yet either.

Ka0sgh0st 2019.01.23 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMU (Post 467758)
The blue atomic also has limited gearing range. The largest pinion that can be used is 13/51 only with the axle in the lowest position. So not ideal for stock racing. I just installed mine last week, and feel like I either need to swap out for a different mount, or move the car up to the pro stock class with a bigger motor that can work in the ranges that are supported with this mount.

I was in the same boat as you, forgot about the order, then received shipping notification and remembered about it. My buddy reached out to them inquiring about becoming a dealer as he is preparing to open a track and has not heard back from them yet either.

right now I have a 9t pinion and 44t spur, both 48pitch. just the stock kyosho ball diff. I had issues with a hole being stripped and I ended up running the car with the spur rubbing on the body, so it's a little more already. I figured a new mount and 64p ball diff would be a nice upgrade. I also have to figure out the damper, it runs on the body and doesnt have much travel up and down. rolls good, but it really catches and stiffens up with the body on.

EMU 2019.01.23 01:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The car on the left is my LM mount, same that you have. It has a prototype damper which uses the lowest mounting position of the mount, like the r246 MML damper. This allows a top shock to be mountable and clear more bodies. I wasn't happy with the way that the shapeways print came out, will need to make some changes and have them print again.

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attach...1&d=1548228380

The car on the right uses the r246 LM mount and damper. I was not happy with the oil shock, so I replaced it with the stock one. I used this damper as reference for the design of the white one, and just positioned it 4mm further forward, and spaced the screw holes for the plate to the adapter further outside to give the discs some room to work without obstruction.

I used thread lock to hold the arm in place, basically filling the cavity for the arm, and screwed it down tight with a washer to hold all of the thread lock in place. Not sure if it will be easily removable, but it doesn't budge.

The car handles REALLY well, but it's just down on speed because of the gearing limitation.

What body are you using?

Ka0sgh0st 2019.01.23 01:55 AM

I have a Mazda 787B body for my LM car, the 91 Lemans winner Charge body

I have the R246-1222 damper..I also upgraded the t plate to a carbon fiber PN 5 t plate.

Ka0sgh0st 2019.01.23 02:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm trying to set the car up to compete with high KV 98mm MM mclaren's. at this track. I'm not sure what motor I'm gonna go with, right now it has a 70t Pn, but will replace the fets with a double stack of 8858 and see how it does. I'm thinkihng a 43t motor maybe? but at that point Idk what ratio to run either for the motor.

I have thought about going brushless with a DasMikro board, but if I upgrade the brushed motor to start out, and it doesnt handle well, the DasMikro brished board would be the cheaper upgrade to get the better steering.

I'm also not sure if I did something wrong with the T plate installation. I don't have the one peice underneath it, so I'm wondering if it is sitting too high. But the screws that came with the t plate are button head screws, and even though I didnt get them, it looks like a washer on the outside of them would have been used, so the plate would be solid up against the chassis. using the little peice between as on a stock T plate, with the included screws would have the heads sticking down below the bottom of the car. I figured that would be wrong and cause hangups when driving

EMU 2019.01.23 02:56 AM

There should be a piece between the t-plate and the chassis. This could be causing handling issues, and would move the rear pod upwards considerably.

It should look like this, but in plastic:
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...Ng1YPlynQw5LwQ

There should also be one without the triangular end, this is the one to use for the MM or LM mounts.

My LM is the Mazda 787. It is a good handling car.

If you go with a 43t, they like to be geared up a bit. Do you have a higher RPM motor by any chance? A 39t maybe? These would offer the ability to use a smaller pinion, as you are still going to be close to the limitation of what this motor mount has to offer (I dont remember if it can handle a 10t without modification). The gearing of the 43t is pretty similar to that of the 70t, but it just has loads more torque. If using 48p, go with the 9t, and see how it fares, also see if you can squeeze a 10t in there, which should put you in a more comfortable range and would be close to the appropriate gearing for this layout. When I run a 64p setup, I usually use a 12-13t pinion with this motor for medium size tracks like the one you are running. Low gearing with the 43t might get some spin up off the slowest corners, but the motor is pretty smooth on top as it makes most of its torque low. I do like this motor a lot, especially for smaller/medium sized tracks. I had used it at the 2010 PNWC in pan car to qualify for the A main geared with a 14t, but swapped out for the main because I was down a tenth or two on the straight (third quarter of the long straight) and was a sitting duck, but what I lost on the straight, I gained off the slow and medium corners. I ended up crashing out and breaking the car, so the motor swap didnt really help :rolleyes:

I think you will be ok geared with a 9t, if you ride the limiter halfway down the straight, that should give you a consistent flow through the track, and allow you to rotate and punch straight off the hairpin in the center of the track (if they keep this layout). The medium width sweeper leading on to the straight will slow the other cars down a bit, allowing a slightly lower geared car to still be effective and not need to gear quite as high. The layout does not scream high gear to me, as there are a few really tight and slow corners, and the rhythm section will run a little slow as well. Avoiding coming in to the hairpins too hot will be the biggest time saver, come in wide, and use your longer wheelbase/forward weight bias to help turn the car in, rotate towards the apex and power out once you know you are starting to straighten the front wheels off the corner. The brushless cars should have weaker corner entry on the hairpins even under braking, while you should be able to coast in smooth and carry your speed through the mid corner to the exit. That is the advantage that LM has over the 98mm McLarens. The Mazda makes all of its speed in the mid corner, and has a consistent turn in and corner exit. It is a well balanced body and relatively easy on its tires so you can abuse the throttle when needed.

PN Super Soft rear tires will work well with LM 30 fronts and the #5 t-plate. This will give you very good drive off the corners, while remaining a smooth car to drive.

Ka0sgh0st 2019.01.23 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMU (Post 467763)
There should be a piece between the t-plate and the chassis. This could be causing handling issues, and would move the rear pod upwards considerably.

It should look like this, but in plastic:
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...Ng1YPlynQw5LwQ

There should also be one without the triangular end, this is the one to use for the MM or LM mounts.

My LM is the Mazda 787. It is a good handling car.

If you go with a 43t, they like to be geared up a bit. Do you have a higher RPM motor by any chance? A 39t maybe? These would offer the ability to use a smaller pinion, as you are still going to be close to the limitation of what this motor mount has to offer (I dont remember if it can handle a 10t without modification). The gearing of the 43t is pretty similar to that of the 70t, but it just has loads more torque. If using 48p, go with the 9t, and see how it fares, also see if you can squeeze a 10t in there, which should put you in a more comfortable range and would be close to the appropriate gearing for this layout. When I run a 64p setup, I usually use a 12-13t pinion with this motor for medium size tracks like the one you are running. Low gearing with the 43t might get some spin up off the slowest corners, but the motor is pretty smooth on top as it makes most of its torque low. I do like this motor a lot, especially for smaller/medium sized tracks. I had used it at the 2010 PNWC in pan car to qualify for the A main geared with a 14t, but swapped out for the main because I was down a tenth or two on the straight (third quarter of the long straight) and was a sitting duck, but what I lost on the straight, I gained off the slow and medium corners. I ended up crashing out and breaking the car, so the motor swap didnt really help :rolleyes:

I think you will be ok geared with a 9t, if you ride the limiter halfway down the straight, that should give you a consistent flow through the track, and allow you to rotate and punch straight off the hairpin in the center of the track (if they keep this layout). The medium width sweeper leading on to the straight will slow the other cars down a bit, allowing a slightly lower geared car to still be effective and not need to gear quite as high. The layout does not scream high gear to me, as there are a few really tight and slow corners, and the rhythm section will run a little slow as well. Avoiding coming in to the hairpins too hot will be the biggest time saver, come in wide, and use your longer wheelbase/forward weight bias to help turn the car in, rotate towards the apex and power out once you know you are starting to straighten the front wheels off the corner. The brushless cars should have weaker corner entry on the hairpins even under braking, while you should be able to coast in smooth and carry your speed through the mid corner to the exit. That is the advantage that LM has over the 98mm McLarens. The Mazda makes all of its speed in the mid corner, and has a consistent turn in and corner exit. It is a well balanced body and relatively easy on its tires so you can abuse the throttle when needed.

PN Super Soft rear tires will work well with LM 30 fronts and the #5 t-plate. This will give you very good drive off the corners, while remaining a smooth car to drive.

I should have one of those, but with the triangle end, and stock black of course. I'll see if I can find it. However like I had said, I think the heads of th screws will stick below the chassis. its not countersunk at all, and with the button head screws I think it will catch.

I havent bought a motor yet for it, was going to wait until the fet mod to upgrade from the 70t in it now. I'm currently running that with a 9t pinion and 44t spur. If I ever get the xpower order I was going to go to 64 pitch. I can go with a 39 turn motor.

I just so happen to have bought the PN #5 carbon fiber plate. I also have those front tires aswell, for rears I just have the Kyosho 20 LM rears.

EMU 2019.01.23 03:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
LM 20 rears should do fine with the 70t, but putting real power through them they will spin up. The PN SS should do well with the modified motor, but would reduce steering too much with a 70t.

It's all about balancing the tire to the power. More power gives a greater need for rear traction.

The screws in the t plate should sit just about flush with the base of the chassis when it's all screwed in. You don't want to use a countersink screw in the t-plate, unless you use a countersink flush washer. The screw should be tight enough that the t-plate does not have any lateral play, but not too tight that you stop the screw hole.

Example, although I have the PN high clamp adapter instead of the plastic one.
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attach...1&d=1548236904

Ka0sgh0st 2019.01.23 08:14 AM

I seem to not have one of those pieces actually. I will when I get the other peice I need for the Jota though, so I'll nab it off that for now. I am also thinking I should get a different t plate for the super stock class.

but this thread has gone way off topic lol. maybe I should just make a general thread for my questions.

EDIT: actually I had the piece under the t plate the whole time. went to put the one in, and found it was already there. so now i don't know what to do about the rubbing

EMU 2019.01.23 08:40 AM

Post a pic or two of the setup on the other thread you have about your classes/ cards and we can take it up over there

Ka0sgh0st 2019.01.23 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMU (Post 467769)
Post a pic or two of the setup on the other thread you have about your classes/ cards and we can take it up over there

I have posted them.

as for x power, i sent off a couple emails and again on social media. just got an order confirmation and payment successful email.

EMU 2019.01.23 07:46 PM

Nice to hear that they are moving forward with your order. We shouldnt need to remind the companies that we have placed orders.