Mini-ZRacer.com Forums

Mini-ZRacer.com Forums (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Parts and Hop-ups (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   MR-03 Rear Suspension Plate (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41227)

jude26 2018.05.04 10:42 PM

MR-03 Rear Suspension Plate

My MR-03 has a bit of a rear wheel gap. Would like to lower the back end a bit. Would changing out the rear plate to a 4.5 make it softer and in turn lower the back end?

mleemor60 2018.05.05 05:36 AM

What are you using for a motor pod? If it is an aftermarket unit you may find it easier to just flip the rear axle pills to lower the rear ride height by raising the rear axle in the pod. By doing this you will not compromise the handling that you already have.

EMU 2018.05.05 05:51 AM

Pictures always help diagnose the issue... it could be an axle height adjustment if using an aftermarket pod, a shim between the t-plate and motormount, or relocating the side clips of the body slightly higher to lower the body on the chassis. Hard to know what is needed if we don't know what you have on the car.

A narrower t-plate is not the appropriate way to adjust ride height. It is reducing lateral spring for the rear end, effectively your anti roll characteristic more than vertical spring. Going very light on the t-plate will give more off throttle steering, as the front outside wheel will take more load through the corner. On throttle the car will have less steering. I personally prefer a wide frp t-plate with top shock to control ride height/longitudinal spring.

jude26 2018.05.08 06:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple of pics

arch2b 2018.05.09 06:54 AM

If the motor pod has axel spacers that are adjustable, swap to spacer that reduces the gap. If your motor pod doesn't accommodate this feature, you can find ones that do. Depends on how much you want to spend to correct an aesthetic issue. Well, if you also competitively racing, it can be a performance issue as well.

Reset the body clips to adjust the gap.

This is a common issue for some autoscales. Looks fine on the dummy chassis but rides high on the actual chassis.

EMU 2018.05.09 07:57 AM

I often like a little rake to the body... helps aero on higher speed tracks. Also helps if you plan to use LM rear tires or oversize wheels.

With the stock motor pod, it looks like the only option without replacing the pod is to adjust the side clips. If you have a hot glue gun, it makes it easy to try different positions without damaging the body.

Remove three body clips and raise them 1-2mm, stick them on with double sided tape to see if the gap is where you like it. Then mark the height and glue on. If you space them inwards a little, the body will have a little less tendency to pop off in a collision.

akura2 2018.05.15 11:33 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I shad the same issue with the Audi body on my MA020VE

I just did the clipendectomy and that helped a lot

Before and after: