Mini-ZRacer.com Forums

Mini-ZRacer.com Forums (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mini-Z F1 MF-010, MF-015 (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   2008 FIA Formula One World Championship (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27936)

mini-z 2008.03.19 05:57 AM

2008 FIA Formula One World Championship

Just wondering who else is watching this season and what everyone thinks etc.? :)

wwwes 2008.03.19 06:40 AM

Hamilton's win was not so surprising, what was surprising to me was the failure of all of the Ferrari cars and their motors. With no traction control we get to see the true skill of the drivers and I was a little surprised at how well Alonso did with what was described as a somewhat slow car. The racing to me is more indicitive of what the fans need more of , actual racing, I hope this is just the start of a great season where there are more than two teams battling for the championship.

simalive 2008.03.19 07:36 AM

I agree with wwwes.

Also, seems like BMW is really coming up strong this season. They just need better luck next race though.

Massa doesn't look too good at all without traction control this year. I'm buying into the rumor that Vettel to replace Massa for 2009.

Other little tidbits that had me laughing were:

Rosberg's first podium, only had him so excited that he forgot to take off his cap during the national anthem.

And what's up with McLaren's steering wheel buttons? Another "mistake hit" by Hekki this time?

hrdrvr 2008.03.19 07:43 AM

Pretty exciting race, but from a ferrari fans point of view, it was horrible. I hope 7 finishers isnt a sign of whats to come without drivers aids. Im sure every one will get used to driving without them though.

Massa and Kimi were both ones to slightly overdrive their cars last year. They were both exciting to watch because of that. Their overdriving techniques didnt pay off this race with Massa running off the road in turn one, and Kimi overshooting two different turns while trying to make up time (something he was exceptionally good at last year).

I hope they get it together, and I also hope that Hamilton doesnt run away from the field too much. With a season of experience he could be tough to catch if he builds an early season lead this year. I dont forsee him making rookie mistakes (like he did last year) and giving the championship away.

briankstan 2008.03.19 10:48 AM

I thought that the race was quite exciting, I'm also a ferrari fan and was a bit disappointed in the ferrari's finishes or lack there of.

I think they will improve on the car for sure. It seems that Kimi had the same problem at the end of the race that he had in qualifying. :mad:

the BMW's had a great race, So did Alonzo for having a car with bad pace, I like that because I can't stand Him :D

My only hope is that more cars can finish the race, more than half the feild crashed out our had technical problems. :eek:

pedrocamp 2008.03.19 10:55 AM

Bourdais had a great performance, a talanted and smart driver. He is used to driving cars without all the driver aids. Wish his car had not let him down...

DJ Kyosho 2008.03.19 04:38 PM

That was a very exciting first race. I'm glad they removed traction control this year as F1 has become boring after the first few laps in the last couple of years.

I thought McLaren did really well, better than I expected. I'm an Alonso fan and I was sad not to see him in the top 3. I'm also a honda fan and well, they didn't do too well last race (just like the last few years lol) but the addition of Ross Brawn at least seems promising. Glad to see Sebastian Bourdais score some points also. Been watching him at long beach for the past 3 years.

ruf 2008.03.19 05:29 PM

Dunno about Bourdais. Off the pace all preseason and all weekend. He did keep his cool and his team got through to the points in a race of attrition, so kudos to him for that. He definitely has the experience and cool, and he did a whole lot better than Piquet, but I don't think he has the pace yet.

Dusty Weasle 2008.03.20 01:36 AM

It was raining anvils.

Poor Barrichello. The only thing that could have made that pit stop worse was the car bursting into flames.

Renault will be kicking themselves for letting Heikki go. He was such a dedicated team player and they cut him loose for Alonso. Heikki fought well and helped his teammate. If it weren't for that heartbreaking mistake at the end he would have beat Fernando.

Kimi, Kimi, Kimi, what happened at that corner? I have to imagine he went charging in with that fantastic Ice Man confidence to make a thrilling pass. Then, 'round about the apex, thinks “oh, right, no traction control this year”.

Go Hamilton! Go McLaren!

simalive 2008.03.20 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusty Weasle (Post 295143)
Kimi, Kimi, Kimi, what happened at that corner? I have to imagine he went charging in with that fantastic Ice Man confidence to make a thrilling pass. Then, 'round about the apex, thinks “oh, right, no traction control this year”.

Yes, surprising to see Kimi made multiple mistakes during a race like that.

One thing I do notice though is people don't call him the Iceman for nothing, as demonstrated last year, he did also make mistakes, but he'd just keep driving and not having a care about previous mistakes, about all the fuss and politics around him and kept driving at his own pace. And eventually prevail (yes...with a bit of luck on his side in the end).

I was not a big Ferrari or Kimi fan, but I'm starting to become one :)
(When's kyosho gonna come out w/ the Kimi F1 autoscale?!? I'll preorder now :D)

DJ Kyosho 2008.11.02 02:06 AM

The last race of the season is in 9 hours...

Red Team 2008.11.02 03:42 AM

Any bets ? :D
I'd put my money on Lewis !

Quote:

Either McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton or Ferrari’s Felipe Massa will be crowned 2008 drivers’ champion at this weekend’s Brazilian Grand Prix. With a seven-point lead, Hamilton is very much the favourite, but as we saw at Interlagos last year - when outsider Kimi Raikkonen came from behind to win - anything is possible. Here is what each man needs in order to take the title…

Hamilton will be champion if:
- He finishes fifth or higher
- He finishes sixth and Massa is second or lower
- He finishes seventh and Massa is second or lower
- He finishes eighth and Massa is third or lower
- He fails to score and Massa is third or lower

Massa will be champion if:
- He wins and Hamilton finishes sixth or lower
- He finishes second and Hamilton is eighth or lower

If the pair are tied on points at the end of Sunday afternoon (which would happen is Massa wins with Hamilton sixth, or if Massa finishes second with Hamilton eighth), Massa would win the title by virtue of more victories (six to Hamilton’s five) or more second-place finishes (three to Hamilton’s two).

In the constructors’ championship, Ferrari’s 11-point advantage over McLaren heading to Brazil puts them in a powerful position, while BMW Sauber’s 10-point deficit to McLaren means they still have an outside chance of stealing second place.

hrdrvr 2008.11.02 09:25 AM

Ive got it set to record, and Im waiting on it to start. Ive only missed a few races this year (gotta luv DVR!) and dont plan on issing this one. As a ferrari fan, all I can hope for is some type of miracle like last year. I wont wish anything bad on Lewis, but I hope Massa is in position to take advantage if something should go wrong for Mclaren :D

briankstan 2008.11.02 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrdrvr (Post 321494)
Ive got it set to record, and Im waiting on it to start. Ive only missed a few races this year (gotta luv DVR!) and dont plan on issing this one. As a ferrari fan, all I can hope for is some type of miracle like last year. I wont wish anything bad on Lewis, but I hope Massa is in position to take advantage if something should go wrong for Mclaren :D

+1 for me.

I have nothing against Mclaren, they are a great team, but for some reason I just don't like Lewis that much, he is a great driver, a bit aggressive sometimes, but I guess that is was makes a him a great driver too. I liked when Kimi was racing for Mclaren, but they couldn't give him a reliable car.

Anyway this has been an exciting year, with BMW, Torro Rosso, and Toyota coming on strong the last half of the season. and with both BMW and Torro Rosso taking they maiden pole positions and wins this year. A Toyota is 2nd on the grid in the last race, a first on the front row for 3 years.

I'm just sad this is the last race of the season, and to think that next year they won't even have a race in North America is just terrible.

from the talk on speed they are even thinking of using a spec engine provided by a 3rd party, which both Ferrari and Toyota have stated that if that happens they would have no need to race F1 any longer. that would be a very sad day for the sport.

It looks like ferrari will take the Manufacturing Champoinship, and without something crazy happening the Divers Wold Champion will be Lewis Hamilton.

I'll finish with GO MASSA !!

hilldebrandt 2008.11.02 12:56 PM

The little brat Hamilton....

Well Lewis does it, the snotnosed brat ! LOL

Gee, I wonder who got paid to give him the 5th spot, being as the Panasonic car just happened to pull over and let Hamilton go by for 5th near the final turn.
Exciting ? Yes !
Politics ? YOU BETCHA !!

It was a good race though....:D