Mini-ZRacer.com Forums

Mini-ZRacer.com Forums (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/index.php)
-   RCP Support Forum (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   i searched...i have a total area Q about mini96 + exp pack (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21625)

builthatch 2006.05.04 12:42 PM

i searched...i have a total area Q about mini96 + exp pack

experts- i am picking up a mini96 and an mini96 expansion pack-

i have about 1.5 cars worth of space in a 2 car garage width wide and length wise about 1.5 car lengths.

i see the mini96 is 7'9" X 11'8"...so, how much total area will it be with the expansion pack, if you have to make it a compacted rectangle like RCP shows on the site in the 96 expansion pack description???

Thanks!

Spoon 2006.05.04 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by builthatch
experts- i am picking up a mini96 and an mini96 expansion pack-

i have about 1.5 cars worth of space in a 2 car garage width wide and length wise about 1.5 car lengths.

i see the mini96 is 7'9" X 11'8"...so, how much total area will it be with the expansion pack, if you have to make it a compacted rectangle like RCP shows on the site in the 96 expansion pack description???

Thanks!

I think you are looking at a minimum of 12 ft. by 14 ft if you want to use all of your space. I think Bolter9 has some layouts that use the Mini-96 + expansion in a similar space. Look for his gallery.

I am trying some layouts now, I'll report back.

builthatch 2006.05.04 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spoon
I think you are looking at a minimum of 12 ft. by 14 ft if you want to use all of your space. I think Bolter9 has some layouts that use the Mini-96 + expansion in a similar space. Look for his gallery.

I am trying some layouts now, I'll report back.

ok, i c, yeah i calculated 12' x 16' if it was a compact rectangle setup like the one pictured on the rcp site in the expansion section.

hmm, ill peep those galleries....i can't wait to get a track! relieves so many headaches and allows me to use my modded car now at home-

bolter9 2006.05.04 04:52 PM

Way to go- you're going to love the track!

If I set mine up in half of my 2 car garage, it runs about 8'x18'- that's mini tile with expansion (using all tiles..general oval shape layout).

I've got about 6 extra turns that I purchased from RCP, so now days I'm setting up in more like '14x'20.

Those are real ball park figures though- it really depends on what shape the space is that you have (rectangle or square), and the actual configuration of the track.

Either way, you're going to have a blast!

Spoon 2006.05.04 04:56 PM

Quote:

ok, i c, yeah i calculated 12' x 16' if it was a compact rectangle setup like the one pictured on the rcp site in the expansion section.

hmm, ill peep those galleries....i can't wait to get a track! relieves so many headaches and allows me to use my modded car now at home-

I think there's too many tiles in that layout. if ti's 12x17 tiles that's 204 tiles.

A mini 96 should be 96+60= 156 tiles. Since each tile is about a square foot you are looking at 156 sq feet or 12x13.

I haven't actually set up a Mini + exp. so I am not sure ou can make it as compact as you want. But if you have 150-200 sq feet available it seems like it would be worth getting the expansion.

machine 2006.05.04 05:26 PM

I got my expansion in the other day and love it! The straight can now pretty much be a drag race of 3 cars.

bolter9 2006.05.04 06:38 PM

the expansion is the way to go for setting up a little variety. I run the straights wide (3 tiles), a couple high speed corners wide, and keep all the chicanes and hairpins at 2 tiles- it's a great way to practice your line for when you're running tight corners on a full-sized RCP.

builthatch 2006.05.04 10:03 PM

good info, thanks y'all. i can't wait. finally, FINALLY i can use my mini-z w/o having to drive 2 hours. and the worst part is i was using it before in my garage, but now that its fetted/z2'd...it's totally impossible to use in the garage w/o turning the throttle EPA down to like...30%...which makes it only a hair faster than it was unfetted w/ the o5 BB, so i want to finally be able to take advantage of the new found power.

builthatch 2006.05.15 09:06 PM

Quote:

good info, thanks y'all. i can't wait. finally, FINALLY i can use my mini-z w/o having to drive 2 hours. and the worst part is i was using it before in my garage, but now that its fetted/z2'd...it's totally impossible to use in the garage w/o turning the throttle EPA down to like...30%...which makes it only a hair faster than it was unfetted w/ the o5 BB, so i want to finally be able to take advantage of the new found power.

i ordered my mini 96 today. i am excited; i only got the mini 96 w/o expansion packs because i want to get used to the little track before i start blowing more cash on it.

bolter9 2006.05.15 09:37 PM

congratulations! you're going to love it!

I bet you'll have the expansion pack in a week though :p

arch2b 2006.05.15 10:54 PM

Quote:

i ordered my mini 96 today. i am excited; i only got the mini 96 w/o expansion packs because i want to get used to the little track before i start blowing more cash on it.

congrats! it will make you a much better driver, then you get to expand with the expansion pack if needed ;) all the top drivers in dc have a mini-96 at home

builthatch 2006.05.15 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arch2b
congrats! it will make you a much better driver, then you get to expand with the expansion pack if needed ;) all the top drivers in dc have a mini-96 at home

thanks! and most importantly, i can actually use my car now!

builthatch 2006.05.22 04:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

thanks! and most importantly, i can actually use my car now!

i got the track this afternoon. Assembly of course was a snap and i love it! i promptly ordered the expansion pack as i realized i will definately need it if i plan on hosting more cars...

i realized after a couple laps that the PN tire tape i've had sitting in my toolbox is a MUST when it comes to 8 degree tires and high-grip side RCP.

BTW, what side do most of you run? rough or smooth?

mini-z 2006.05.26 02:39 PM

Congrats builthatch! Just about everyone runs the grip side, and yes, that tape soon proves its worthiness, doesn't it?! :)

HammerZ 2006.05.27 11:46 AM

I guess my track would look just like that. All I know now is mine left Texarkana on it's way here.