Mini-ZRacer.com Forums

Mini-ZRacer.com Forums (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous Discussion (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Where can I find these? (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40723)

thestug 2016.05.30 07:32 PM

Where can I find these?

So I have an autoscale body with these wheels. However, I need some AWD wheels that are white and 5 spoke. The body is a Mitsubishi Lancer VI WRC. Where can I find white five spoke wheels in an offset that will fit the AWD chassis?

xmodcanuck 2016.05.30 10:20 PM

I was gonna tell you about the really nice new(ish) 5 spoke machined wheels from PN, but I just checked and they don't make them for AWD.

Seems kind of dumb to me. They offer their other machined wheels in 2WD & AWD, just not the 5 spoke.

Where's the PN guy? Get his attention and find out why they don't make the 5 spoke for AWD.

thestug 2016.05.31 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmodcanuck (Post 461223)
I was gonna tell you about the really nice new(ish) 5 spoke machined wheels from PN, but I just checked and they don't make them for AWD.

Seems kind of dumb to me. They offer their other machined wheels in 2WD & AWD, just not the 5 spoke.

Where's the PN guy? Get his attention and find out why they don't make the 5 spoke for AWD.

There really are not that many manufacturers of AWD wheels. Also, what's the best way to search for rims online. Perhaps kyosho sells a set that is 5 spoke? I mean the closest thing I've found is silver 5 spoke wheels from 3racing. Perhaps I can just paint them white?

They don't have to be machined rims, but just some 5 spoke rims that are white and fit. I wouldn't think it would be that hard of a task....

xmodcanuck 2016.05.31 08:49 PM

GPM mini z AWD white delrin 5p rims.

Or atomic awd t.s. rims (these are a split 5spoke)

Not sure if kyosho makes a set of white awd 5 spoke.

***Edit***

Toyota Celica GT-Four wheels are white 5 spoke OZ rally rims. Perfect for the lancer. Don't know the offset though.

thestug 2016.06.03 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmodcanuck (Post 461227)
GPM mini z AWD white delrin 5p rims.

Or atomic awd t.s. rims (these are a split 5spoke)

Not sure if kyosho makes a set of white awd 5 spoke.

***Edit***

Toyota Celica GT-Four wheels are white 5 spoke OZ rally rims. Perfect for the lancer. Don't know the offset though.

Would you happen to know where I can find the part number for the Celica wheels. They would likely be perfect or close to it. I assume they would match the 0N/0W that the Lancer uses or be slightly wider at 1.5/1.5

xmodcanuck 2016.06.04 10:09 PM

That I don't know. I haven't seen the wheels for sale on their own.
Seems they are 2.5N & 0W.

Any of your fellow racers have the body and not using the rims?

arch2b 2016.06.05 08:56 AM

the r-32 gt-r has 5 spoke narrow wheel designs.

thestug 2016.06.06 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arch2b (Post 461252)

That might be the closest thing available to me. It's not white, but that can be fixed with a little paint. It's also in the correct offset. Thanks for finding that for me. :)

Also, what kind of paint would you suggest using for wheels?

arch2b 2016.06.06 06:30 AM

krylon fusion is what i typically use. it's just wheels... why spend $$$ on tamiya, etc. when $ walmart rattle can will do just as well.

xmodcanuck 2016.06.07 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arch2b (Post 461252)

And they even came in white.
MDH002W.

arch2b 2016.06.07 11:47 AM

there are many colors based on the various releases of the R-32. you actually have a several to choose from.