Mini-ZRacer.com Forums

Mini-ZRacer.com Forums (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Events (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Mini z cup race (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8530)

lfisminiz 2003.06.04 09:26 PM

Mini z cup race

Who here is going to the Mini z cup race in N.Y.?We are 3 days away.Going up friday,spend some xtra time with my son.

PAULANGELO 2003.06.05 08:10 AM

My son and I are going to be there (He is 8) He is running in the box stock class and I am in the Open and F1. We live approx 5 miles from the mall that this is going to be in. Track is in good shape and a lot of fun. Looking forward to meeting everyone that shows up from this forum!:D

lfisminiz 2003.06.05 10:25 AM

Paulangelo

Ill probably see you there My son is 19,we will both be in open class. Is the track a good grip surface?See you there.

PAULANGELO 2003.06.05 10:41 AM

the track is reverse of what people would think. Very technical with one nice straight for speed. Speed can hurt on this track. The harder tires hook up and the soft ones slide more. (:rolleyes: reverse part) I have stock on the back and 40's on front. BUT it all depends on how you drive it. My last pratice was last night. I am staying away on Friday. Hear it is going to be a mad house :p . Also, Make sure yo are ONLY using Kyosho hopups. They are setting up tables for inspectors and they will be taking cars apart for inspections. They is a definite difference in the springs, wheels, shocks, diff... in how the kyosho ones look and the aftermarket ones. Also, the Xspeed motor cannot even have any apperaence that it has been opened. (very hard to count winds ;) )

Hey It's my 200th POST!!

PAULANGELO 2003.06.05 01:25 PM

It is a plywood track with garage floor paint and sand mixed. (the grey color) Like I said, I would expect the reverse but the Hard hooks up better than the soft. On my racer, I am running 30's on the front and stock on the back. F1 running 40's all around. If you all don't believe me, wait till after the race this saturday and I would like to hear other reviews about the track and condition.:D

PAULANGELO 2003.06.05 01:27 PM

What happened?? I replied to someone asking about the track and his post is gone!! Am I losing it? (loaded question!:rolleyes: )

RCPMini-z 2003.06.05 01:33 PM

Yes, I would expect the soft tires would hook up better, but I guess it depends on how you set your car and the condition of your stock tires. I am anxious to hear how the first Cup Event was and how the track surface performed. It would be nice to hear your comments after the first event.

RCPMini-z 2003.06.05 01:35 PM

Sorry Paulangelo, I was editing while you were posting. Thanks for the info on the track surface.

PAULANGELO 2003.06.05 02:04 PM

PHEW!!! For a moment there I thought I completely lost it! Nervous Breakdown isn't scheduled until Saturday morning 10:00 AM!:D

PAULANGELO 2003.06.09 11:49 AM

I am not sure what the final results were. I called the track today and they are going to update their web site (and I asked they call kyosho to update theirs too). The tracks site is www.miniraceway.com

latency 2003.06.09 03:58 PM

Cool...

I just checked, does not look like they updated the site just yet.

Looks like they need to spell check their Kyosho Cup graphic too... :)

RCPMini-z 2003.06.09 05:17 PM

How wide were the lanes at this track? Also, if you could change anything about the track, what would you change?

PAULANGELO 2003.06.09 06:13 PM

All the lanes are 30" wide.

latency, What is wrong with thier grafic?? ;) :D

The thig I would change is the scoring system they used and to have bathrooms closer.

RCPMini-z 2003.06.09 08:24 PM

I think he's referring to the word "finishers" being spelled "finnishers" It's OK, we get it. So the track was perfect?

PAULANGELO 2003.06.09 08:28 PM

It was a joke, they also spelled "their" incorrectly. I copied the way they spelled it in my post. :p :D .