Mini-ZRacer.com Forums

Mini-ZRacer.com Forums (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZRound (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=170)
-   -   ZRound Suite 1.15.09rc3 (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41006)

arch2b 2017.04.10 07:07 AM

ZRound Suite 1.15.09rc3

can you expand on what this version build on over v8? We have run v8 for awhile and have experienced perplexing errors in which it simply ends a race early for one or more drivers and not others in a timed event. also running into issues of skipping drivers for periods of time despite proper sensor placement, status of transponder, etc. it just seems to stop and pick back up throughout an event.

I-lap serial setup on windows 10.

i also still get Spanish language despite system setting for English and selecting system language. we've always had this problem so were used to it but still annoying none the less.

zround 2017.04.11 04:56 PM

1.15.8 is not a big update, see http://www.zround.com/support/change...?version_id=12

I remember a bug while releasing 1.15.7 related to the language settings on championship manager but it was solved on build 8. I've used 1.15.8 until mid February flawlesly.

It didn't introduce changes to lapcounter code ... so it should work as good or as bad as older versions.

1.15.9rc3 introduces the "event manager" feature. It is the "3rd release candidate" version as I have not had time to test it in full. I've published in order to receive feedback from users.

No changes to to lapcounter interface code which could explain detection issues.

When a detection is received, it always is dumped to the log. Detection messages are received all together, a decoding failure will affect to all transponders and not to specific ones.

I've not received issues about I-Lap and unfortunatelly I don't own a device for testing :(. I can add a serial port data sniffer when zround be started in debug mode in order to analyze the messages received from the decoder when detecions fails. It will be available on next release.

Regards

arch2b 2017.04.11 06:34 PM

i failed to provide the full history. i copied the entire datos folder from old old XP PC and pasted it into same version installation on windows 10 PC. it has been acting strange ever since. in June i'll have an opportunity to uninstall and start over again. Its also not recognizing transponders very well. at times i have to manually double click on the listing and pick the saved profile. other times i double click and the profile listing is blank and cannot do anything.

zround 2017.04.15 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arch2b (Post 463741)
i failed to provide the full history. i copied the entire datos folder from old old XP PC and pasted it into same version installation on windows 10 PC. it has been acting strange ever since. in June i'll have an opportunity to uninstall and start over again. Its also not recognizing transponders very well. at times i have to manually double click on the listing and pick the saved profile. other times i double click and the profile listing is blank and cannot do anything.

Do you mean the transponder is detected but not the racer owning it?

arch2b 2017.04.15 12:51 PM

correct. when you double click on the transponder, the driver database opens showing one row however all the fields are blank. the driver is already registered but there is nothing i can select to choose or tell zround what driver to display. i've seen this where there are multiple empty rows but mostly just one.

zround 2017.04.18 04:38 PM

Thanks for the details. I will try to reproduce the issue adding blank entries.

In this case all rows matching the transponder number should be shown. It is normal to see blank rows if they match but the good one with the name should be shown as well.

arch2b 2017.04.18 06:47 PM

we race again this weekend and will try to get screen shots. I'll copy the whole folder again in case you need to see any of the files.

zround 2017.04.21 12:32 PM

It would help a lot. Thank you.

arch2b 2017.04.23 06:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
here are two photos from this saturday. one is an error message that happens frequently, the other is an example of a registered transponder detected however the drivers list is empty.

zround 2017.04.24 03:46 PM

Regarding the error message. I've only seen that kind of issues when the lapcounter is working and the cable is disconnected (physical disconnection, device power failure, issue with comm ports). It fails only with USB devices (native or by using an usb<->rs232 adaptor). Possible?

Note: I control all the error/exception in order to prevent the application stop working but I know the communication library fails breaking the process.

zround 2017.04.24 04:19 PM

I see "UNREGISTERED xxxx" entry which should only be shown only on race time (not practice time) ... but the screenshot seems to be on practice time.

I've tried several cases (practice/race) but always the racers owning the transponder are listed (1 or N).

Could you please send me your database and give me step by step procedure to reproduce the issue. It will help a lot.

Thanks in advance.

jdmgoodies 2017.04.27 01:38 PM

the zround track designer is missing the grid

5/22/17 i fixed the problem