Mini-ZRacer.com Forums

Mini-ZRacer.com Forums (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZRound (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=170)
-   -   ZRound Suite 1.9 (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33675)

zround 2010.02.06 09:29 AM

ZRound Suite 1.9

It is availabe a new ZRound Suite release with new race formats, Kyosho IC Tag LapCounter support and much more....

New features
  • ZRound Manager: Duration in laps can be greater than 255 laps
  • ZRound Manager: Motor & Chassis fields added to inscriptions
  • ZRound Manager: HFAY file export supported
  • ZRound Manager: PN Racing race format with two modes. Q1+Q2 (two rounds reverse order on Q1) and four Qualifying sessions (Q1+Q2+Q3+Q4). Resort on each Q
  • ZRound Manager: After editing the racer's heat on the Inscription form the heat validation is not done automatically. Like this, it is handy when several changes are needed, then you can use the "Validate" button to validate the heats
  • ZRound Manager: HTML results can be transferred by FTP on championship window
  • ZRound: Kyosho IC Tag lapcounter supported
  • ZRound: Phantom/Noise laps can be ignored by using the Noisy Lap Control (options configuration page). Hits under second won’t be displayed
  • ZRound: Countdown announced (Check near countdown time into the race control panel)
  • ZRound: Training can be reset by leaving the car on the detector for a while (5sec by default). This only works if Noisy Lap Control is enabled. You must enable on the racer properties once he is registered for training
  • ZRound: TTS language can be configured. You can define the text for the time units to allow differen TTS and system languages
  • ZRound: There are changes on database layer in order to cover the new PN Racing race format
  • ZRound Track Deisgner: New tile with double triangle tile desing.

You can download this ZRound Suite relase here.

Enjoy ZRound!.

Jesús.

arch2b 2010.02.09 12:30 AM

some nice features you've listed. very nice to see more support for hfay results exporting. kudos :)

hrdrvr 2010.02.09 07:29 AM

Cool features! I especially like to be able to resort after each heat, instead of just before the last. I like the new manual validation too. Itll help eliviate some explaining that takes place when the odd lap is missed in an event. I actually missed my first one ever in a real event a couple of weeks ago. The missed lap put me into second in the B-Main. After I split the lap, it bumped up the guy who was shown in second. We fixed it, but hopefully this will eliminate the improper bump :D

hrdrvr 2010.02.09 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zround (Post 374741)
Kyosho IC Tag LapCounter support and much more....

New features
  • ZRound: Kyosho IC Tag lapcounter supported

Jesus,
Can you explain this further? Do you need different hardware?

PNracing 2010.02.09 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrdrvr (Post 375017)
Jesus,
Can you explain this further? Do you need different hardware?

This is Kyosho lap counter for dNaNo

Sinister_Y 2010.02.09 11:11 AM

Hi hrdrvr,

Zround can be used with either Giro-Z hardware or Kyosho hardware, but only one at a time/ not at the same time.

For example, if you have a Kyosho IC Lap counter system, you can use Zround instead of the included Kyosho software.

hrdrvr 2010.02.09 12:07 PM

^ Thats kind of what I figured. It was unclear to me as to how GiroZ would pick up a CORE/IC tag. Thanks for the clarification.

zround 2010.02.09 03:24 PM

Yes, it is as Philip and Sinister said. The system has been tested with a Kyosho IC Lap counter, it won't work with the Core decoder.

NOTE: I don't know if Core tags can be detected by the Kyosho system but ... I really don't think so.

Regards,

Jesus.

zround 2010.02.09 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arch2b (Post 375004)
some nice features you've listed. very nice to see more support for hfay results exporting. kudos :)

The file format was provided by Sinister_Y but I have not got any feedback yet. If there is any issue about this please let me know.

Jesus.

Rune 2010.02.19 12:04 PM

We have just started using this software on our Lap-Z system, and we love it!

Really great work!.
Thanks
Rune

Sinister_Y 2010.02.19 12:25 PM

Just a heads-up for those using Zround with Kyosho's IC Lap counter hardware.

For the savy, it is self-evident probably, but for me I needed help from Jesus.

For the com port setting in Zround under the dNaNo tab, make sure to put the word "com" and the com port #, i.e. "com5". Zround should now recognize your hardware.

If you don't know the com port that the Kyosho lap counter is on, you can go to:

start>settings> control panel>system>Hardware>Device Manager> find your lapcounter (usually shows under LPT or COM) et voila.

Note that you'll also need to have already installed your driver software from the CD given to you by Kyosho.