Mini-ZRacer.com Forums

Mini-ZRacer.com Forums (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mini-Z Overland MV-01 (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Overland Dummy Chassis (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7554)

DAMZer 2003.03.19 06:23 PM

Overland Dummy Chassis

I have to confess, I gave in and bought one of the overpriced shells. But I didn't have thePajero !! Some will understand, others will think I'm crazy:D

Thought you'd like to see the dummy chassis.........

DAMZer 2003.03.19 06:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oops!

DAMZer 2003.03.19 06:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And the big red

warnoffroad 2003.03.19 08:09 PM

Dont feel dumb, Im about ready to give into the LC 239 haha. Are those tires any different than the ones that came on RTR set? They look diff. Thats another thing too, all yoou people that think there over $, remember you do get tires and wheels. ;)

mini-z 2003.03.19 09:25 PM

Hmm, the On/Off slot again suggesting some kind of fancy display LED kit!

warnoffroad 2003.03.19 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mini-z
Hmm, the On/Off slot again suggesting some kind of fancy display LED kit!
I'm not sure if I missed something haha. But what are you talking about? haha

Mondo 2003.03.20 02:40 AM

Re: Overland Dummy Chassis

Quote:

Originally posted by DAMZer
Some will understand, others will think I'm crazy:D

Thought you'd like to see the dummy chassis.........

DAMZer, it's justified :) I like it :)

Mini-Z, when will the AutoScale chassis be in stock?

Warnoffroad, regarding Mini-Z's comment about the on/off switch.
AutoScale dummy chassis seem to be designed to hold 4 AAA batteries. This is obviously for fitting a light kit for display purposes only.

mini-z 2003.03.20 11:28 AM

Re: Re: Overland Dummy Chassis

Quote:

Originally posted by Mondo
Mini-Z, when will the AutoScale chassis be in stock?

We're working on it, unfortunately Kyosho items are going to be a bit tricky in the near future as:

1) Kyosho is way underproducing everything Mini-Z related to make sure they don't overproduce like they did in the past, they seem kind of skeptical as to how long people will stay interested in Mini-Zs, even though they keep coming out w/ new stuff. This means supply is very limited and we have to put in "reservations" for a lot of the hotter things, and this is kind of difficult as often by the time we hear about a new item the reservation period is over, and even worse, even with "reservations" it doesn't nec. mean you'll get what you reserved, as was the case with the tiny fraction of our OL order that was actually fulfilled.
2) Japanese companies have a kind of shutdown period at the end of March, which complicates the heck out of everything. They try to get rid of all their stock and not produce new stuff until after April 1st, for tax reasons. And they close their offices for random periods of time, making it even harder to get whatever items the do still have in stock/production.

Sooo....we're doing our best is all we can say, will try to keep everyone updated! :)

warnoffroad 2003.03.20 11:33 AM

Are they trying to make money? Or pi$$ everyone off?

mini-z 2003.03.20 12:41 PM

Neither, they just aren't too sure if Mini-Zs will stay as popular as they are right now so they don't want to overproduce them. Obviously we all hope they will stay popular and Kyosho will get over this lameness.

warnoffroad 2003.03.20 02:49 PM

The only reasone that would drive me out of these is the high$. I understand what yuor saying. But it still doesnt make any sence.