Mini-ZRacer.com Forums

Mini-ZRacer.com Forums (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mini-Z Monster MM-01 (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Mt take on the 40th aniversery (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13922)

techno 2004.06.09 12:47 PM

MY take on the 40th aniversery

This is my new toy that just came in
The things that impressed me the most on the monster 1st the braking and massive torque over the overland.
The things I did not like is the oil shocks that came on mine no response and binding on one of them I need to check the oil I guess.
The brakes are wonderful it locks up those mass tires even on concrete. The tires spin out on those massive tires and the reverse wheelie is fun too but not as much fun as ramping it .
Another thing besides the shock would be the problems getting stuck in my flower bed with out the diff lock in I have not tried the diff lock yet that is next now it does seem kind of slow compared to a overland but bigger pinion will fix that

techno 2004.06.10 08:54 AM

Well the 12 tooth pinion the 12 tooth does make a big differences in how much faster top end is and surprisingly no apparent loss in torque as in this thing has plenty to spare
the locking diff is great too on carpet it does wonders as a way to upright your self instead of going and doing it yourself and one more thing the body is one tuff coating on it i took lots of spills with end over end action no scratches yet so far although the lower plate has taking some hits its a bit worse for wear

Anyone knows about the fets in these. Its seems theses are a major upgrade over the mr02 and the overland pc boards? or is it just the gearing of it plenty to spare
the locking diff is great too on carpet it does wonders as a way to upright your self instead of going and doing it yourself and one more thing the body is one tuff coating on it i took lots of spills with end over end action no scratches yet so far although the lower platter has taking some hits its a bit worse for wear

anyone know about the fets in these its seems theses are a major upgrade over the mr02 and the overland pc boards? Or is it just the gearing of it

arch2b 2004.06.10 09:18 AM

which version did you get? the chrome se or the type 1 and 2 anniv. edition?

techno 2004.06.10 12:50 PM

I got the chrome one bling bling :D :D

HammerZ 2004.06.10 06:13 PM

I have a **CHROME** one on the way myself, I ordered it with a type 2 body so I can save the chrome.

micromonsterz 2004.06.10 07:46 PM

No substitute for chrome

Good buying guys, chrome is the way to go!!!!!!!!! Just dont use that chrome body.

USATorque55 2004.06.10 08:13 PM

Ohh I guess I shouldnt of done that...

I have the monster, and well I dont give it any mercy. I chipped the rear wheel, put alloy knuckles on, lost a headlight, and my bumper is no longer chrome.

I was offrading before and with the internal antenna its fun, and looks cool. I was climbing a woodchip hill, and I got to the top and flipped. I slide done the hill upside down and as soo as ti hit the grass it selfrighted and launched up the hill once again.

I need an alloy main gear, but other than that, I'm good.