Mini-ZRacer.com Forums

Mini-ZRacer.com Forums (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Atomic (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   AMZ set up (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39771)

dwight 2014.05.09 02:36 AM

AMZ set up

Need some help with the set up of this car? It keeps rolling over I have 40 fronts and 20 rear with hard springs up front and soft in the rear. Also is there another radio I can use with this dont really like the stock on.

HammondCheese 2014.05.11 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwight (Post 451901)
Need some help with the set up of this car? It keeps rolling over I have 40 fronts and 20 rear with hard springs up front and soft in the rear. Also is there another radio I can use with this dont really like the stock on.

Hi first the radio. GoGoLap makes a RX module compatible with the ASF transmitters. Install that and you've got all the dedicated mini-z controllers available to you instead.

Have you tried the standard options to stop traction rolling?

I don't own an AMZ but assuming you can use the Mini-z AWD wheels (or there are AMZ equivalents) - get a body with wider offsets and/or a lower CoG (lexan windows may help here). Lowering the chassis too.

Gluing your tires, or trueing them may help. Some people also put a little CA glue on the sidewalls when there is too much traction (which is going to be part of your issue).

Depending on the setup options the AMZ gives you you may also be able to adjust the roll centre (theres other threads on here that explain that better than I can).

mleemor60 2014.05.11 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwight (Post 451901)

Dwight. Is it rolling on corner entry or exit. Before you get off the throttle or when you pick it back up?

machgo5go 2014.05.11 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HammondCheese (Post 451923)
Hi first the radio. GoGoLap makes a RX module compatible with the ASF transmitters. Install that and you've got all the dedicated mini-z controllers available to you instead.

Do you know a resource I can order GoGoLap RX module board?
I been looking all over the place & came up only TRP Spain which is too costly in shipping.

dwight 2014.05.12 02:54 AM

Amz

Ok I have the car running well now. Would like to find another radio. The stock radio has limited adjustments.

HammondCheese 2014.05.12 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machgo5go (Post 451933)
Do you know a resource I can order GoGoLap RX module board?
I been looking all over the place & came up only TRP Spain which is too costly in shipping.

That's where I'd go for it. I'm in Australia. Sadly for me shipping from there is 'normal' as opposed to 'expensive'.

dwight 2014.05.12 10:05 AM

Amz

So I was in my local hobby shop and saw a radio that might work for the AMZ awd.

dwight 2014.05.12 11:49 AM

Amz

Futaba 3pl works with am AMZ.

MiamizFinest 2014.05.14 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwight (Post 451939)
Futaba 3pl works with am AMZ.

What?!?!? Is this true?

dwight 2014.05.14 06:02 PM

Amz

I'm waiting on the radio to confirm this. Found the information on rctech.net. according to futaba there frequency is fhss and that's the same as the AMZ radio.

Sinister_Y 2014.05.15 10:37 AM

I am a GoGoLap dealer and will be placing an order shortly as I'm out of the amazing lightweight Nissan JGTC body that they make. I know that Philip from PN is also a dealer, so he may order too, who knows? Maybe. Anyway, Canadian dollar is sucking still, so all Americans when they buy from me are getting a 10% discount minimum just by being able to buy in USD and converting to CDN.

arch2b 2014.05.15 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinister_Y (Post 451962)
I am a GoGoLap dealer and will be placing an order shortly as I'm out of the amazing lightweight Nissan JGTC body that they make. I know that Philip from PN is also a dealer, so he may order too, who knows? Maybe. Anyway, Canadian dollar is sucking still, so all Americans when they buy from me are getting a 10% discount minimum just by being able to buy in USD and converting to CDN.

uh, wrong thread maybe :confused:

DMALMAD 2014.05.15 12:35 PM

I think he is talking about the gogo lap module for amz that someone asked about earlier in the thread

arch2b 2014.05.15 12:47 PM

good catch, post #4 :cool:

MiamizFinest 2014.05.15 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinister_Y (Post 451962)

How much, those people in spain are asking 70+ dollars. A hobby shop in Malaysia i found wants 66 Dollars shipped to my house which i think is still outrageous.