Mini-ZRacer.com Forums

Mini-ZRacer.com Forums (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mini-Z Lit ML-010 (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   More pictures of the ML-01 from the Japan hobby show. (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21746)

pchan0 2006.05.18 11:15 AM

More pictures of the ML-01 from the Japan hobby show.

3 Attachment(s)
Anyone going to buy this car when it comes out? I'm thinking about it. :)

Sorry for the blurry pictures, but it shows you the inside layout of the car.

ARN 2006.05.18 12:11 PM

WTH..? what is is? looks a bit top heavy........

imxlr8ed 2006.05.18 12:42 PM

Boat motor ?... looks interesting. Just waiting for a vid from Kyosho !

fastskater21 2006.05.18 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z Zaniac
WTH..? what is is? looks a bit top heavy........

It looks top heavy beacuse the coponents are in an "exploded view".
Each part is sepparated by little posts and fixtures that hole all the
parts away from the chassis to show case the features. It is common
for viewing booths to do this in the Automotive world from time to time.
The last pic is the most accurate view of the model's proportions.
I cant wait to get some of these for my basement Epoch sized track!!!
WHO HOOOO.

Draconious 2006.05.18 01:59 PM

whoever took that photo needs to use the macro option on their camera ;) (usualy the little flower icon)

Btman 2006.05.18 06:28 PM

These photos seem to show that this chassis should be easier to tune/work on compared to an Epoch Indoor Racer. It looks as if the suspension, motor and battery will be much easier to get to. Combine that with 3 pinion gear options and this might take 1/40 ish scale to the next level. I can hardly wait for more info on these. I love this size for indoor/in home racing.

EsEmMods 2006.05.18 08:03 PM

Wow thats small.

LBRC 2006.05.18 08:39 PM

pchan0 thanks for the photos.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Btman
These photos seem to show that this chassis should be easier to tune/work on compared to an Epoch Indoor Racer. It looks as if the suspension, motor and battery will be much easier to get to.

Not so from what I saw at RCX stock the Epoch gets the edge on handling and definitely ease of suspension adjustment. With a Spec-2 you just unscrew the bottom suspension access panel for quick and easy front suspension access, this is like a Mini-Z where you have to remove the C-clips then carefully pull up down the king pins. As for the rear there is no comparison since the Epoch has an adjustable rear suspension tuned with a single screw and the option of stiffer springs while the LIT is again a Mini-Z where your only option is to replace the suspension plate then try to dampen it with something. As for modding mostly because of the sealed battery and how it installs battery mods are still require chassis modification.

The improvements I see are in the wheels that look like they will have a ball bearing option, the Mini-Z type screws for motor changes without soldering, and maybe the circuit board computer interface (have to wait and see about that one so far it’s just claims made on paper) other than those it looks very much like a tall Epoch.

herman 2006.05.18 11:51 PM

Quote:

use the macro option on their camera
shouldn't it be micro option??? :D

herman 2006.05.18 11:54 PM

kinda interesting... anybody know what scale it is? is it anything like the epoch's 1/48's
would kinda be interesting to see how the two perform against each other... thanks for any reply... :D

EnTg888 2006.05.19 12:12 AM

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe they are 1/28 scale models of very small European and Japanese cars... making them about 1/32 scale.

LBRC 2006.05.19 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herman
kinda interesting... anybody know what scale it is? is it anything like the epoch's 1/48's
would kinda be interesting to see how the two perform against each other... thanks for any reply... :D

Specs listed here are from the kyosho 2006 Summer flyer/catalog. I’s pretty much the same length and width as the Epoch only the wheels are taller and it sits a bit higher. Would call it a true 1/32 scale for the Daihatsu and Fiat bodies.

SteinR 2006.05.19 06:44 AM

Here are more pictures from the show, including mr-02 LM500 and Jagermeister Porsche 934 & 935:

http://www.pro-s-futaba.co.jp/hsphoto/hs-2.htm

arch2b 2006.05.19 07:18 PM

that is the 1st i've seen of the orange porsche's, very nice. lots of these new autoscales will end up in my collection :) even the jpn armoured half eight vehicle cover/wheels

lfisminiz 2006.05.19 09:38 PM

Nice find. Ill need to build more shelves for the autoscales!! :D