Mini-ZRacer.com Forums

Mini-ZRacer.com Forums (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Parts and Hop-ups (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   RadioShack is cool and stupied.. (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5145)

Shutup 2002.11.11 03:21 PM

RadioShack is cool and stupied..

Look at this

'67 CHEVY IMPALA R/C CAR 60-4264 $99.99

7-function low-rider with high/low/left/right twisting action. 27/49MHz. Control distance of 100 feet. Speed up to 650 feet per minute. Spring suspension. Scale of 1:12. Scale speed of 88.6 mph. RX requires one 9.6 volt battery pack. RT requires one 9 volt battery. Battery/battery pack sold separately. Please note that all orders are shipped randomly. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the product's frequency. For a specific frequency, please visit your local RadioShack store

its says it goes 88.6 mph..

Draconious 2002.11.11 03:25 PM

you forgot the 3 words before that... "Scale Speed of"

so take 86mph and divide by its sale 12... and u get its true speed, wich is also likely an overestimate, around 7mph.

West.F1 2002.11.18 10:43 AM

1/43 scale viper

well, i was at the Shack yesterday and it seems those zipzaps are flying off the shelves like hotcakes.

anyway one of the cashiers let me have a go with this 1/43 scale viper which recharges using the display base

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...5Fid=60%2D4340

suprisingly the speed of this car for it's scale is impressive. it'd be worth checking out next time you go to there.

though i didn't buy it it did give me an opportunity to talk miniZ with the employees

T Man 2002.11.18 08:19 PM

Have you seen those special body kits for teh Zip-Zaps yet? You can build your own F&F ricer replica.

Chezedog 2002.11.18 09:19 PM

zip zaps have a purpose

A pal bought some zip zaps for his kid, then some for himself awhile back...now he's been asking me questions about mini-Zs!

Only a matter of time, I figure...

turboz 2003.01.04 12:23 AM

I wanna go to to radio shack at the mall and drag race em for pink slips, maybee get that Impalla that hops. I think the PERFECT large smooth tile floor at the mall would so fast, like the tennis court salt-flats but even better. Too bad there is all the people there.

Draconious 2003.01.04 04:29 AM

Get out the POLICE LINE DO NOT CROSS tape ;) all the way round the food court ;) stack the chairs away in a corner.. and BOOM mini-z haven... the over used flooring would be perfect not smooth and not just one or two bumpy scratches worn to a smooth tractiony surface... but DIRTY ;)

But the mall by me, has CARPETING! and narrow hall ways, like a mega drag strip... and the mall is a big oval hall way if the cars had cameras ;) it would be realy fun :) laps around the mall with out getting stolen, stepped on, or confiscated by security :) hehehe... make a funny outlaw-movie :)

BLiND 2003.01.06 03:38 AM

I work in a large mall, and after closing I run my r/c cars in there :D

I don't own a mini-z, and wouldn't want to drive a rwd car on that surface (its tile/marble without groute lines, perfectly smooth) but my micro rs4 RIPS on it! Of course, any micro rs4 with a speed 400 (not a speed 300) and an 8 cell brick battery pack with a full set of foams will rip on tile :) (been clocked doing 41mph on smooth asphalt before...and that wasn't a freshly charged battery pack either)

West.F1 2003.01.06 07:58 AM

mall racing. perhaps a trend of the future

maxedoutcc 2003.01.06 08:48 AM

pssst... if your gonna call someone stupid, at least spell it right :)

eno801 2003.01.06 09:33 AM

i just sold all my zip zaps and tuning stuff and have been turned into a mini z fan now i got 2 overlands and am waiting for hop ups so the above poster was right they serve their purpose to get new blood interested in r/c cars. i used to think it was some super expensive hobby and whil not quite as cheap as a zip zap it ain't gonna bust your pocketbook ,too bad

Blamminator 2003.01.06 05:02 PM

I agree

I recently got back to RC & started with mircos, now I own 2 mini Z's & about to get another. I can't get enough of them. I have a few friends at work that laughed when they first saw my little 6 inch car until they saw it run. Now a few are getting them too.

I really like that hopping up a Mini Z is fairly inexpensive as opposed to other RC cars. Heck, you get a Readyset, Xspeed & Ball bearing set & you are flying. :)