Mini-ZRacer.com Forums

Mini-ZRacer.com Forums (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Events (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Mini-Z Fuquay 500 v2.0, September 6th and 7th 2019 (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41953)

sleekun 2019.08.08 01:34 PM

Mini-Z Fuquay 500 v2.0, September 6th and 7th 2019

Apparently my other posts i goofed something up and got them deleted, so here's another, hopefully this one will stick ;-)

FUQUAY 500 v2.0

DATE : September 6th and 7th 2019

Schedule :
Friday Sept. 6th :
1:00 PM to 8:00 PM - Setup, Early Registration, Open Practice
Saturday Sept. 7th :
9 AM to 10 AM - Open Practice & Registration
9:50 AM - Drivers Meeting, National Anthem, Words of Wisdom and prayer from Pastor if he’s available, and the official START YOUR ENGINES!
10 AM to Early Evening (4pm to 6 pm ish) - RACE!!!!
***Awards and photos for Primary Classes immediately following each class!

Where:
● This is in southern Fuquay Varina NC which is about 20 min south of Raleigh NC.

6061 Christian Light Road
Fuquay Varina, NC 27526
Fellowship hall for Baptist Grove Church, next to harnett county fire department

Details:
● RCP Track - Smooth Side
● I-Laps Timing System
● Multiple Classes - will post details shortly.

I also have a private FB event page that i'm able to post a little more detail on, however i'll also try to post information here on Mini-zracer since not everyone is on FB (i'm only on there for the race for the most part). Look me up on FB if you would like that invite. Brian Swayney

Here's a link to some google docs, basically the flier and also the Race Info - Rules Specifications Logistics etc. is a good one which has info about the venue, the classes, and just general info.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...RF?usp=sharing

Let me know if there are any questions, i'll try to respond to PMs here as i can or you can contact me using the info int he flier located int he google docs page.

Hope to see you there!

arch2b 2019.08.08 02:15 PM

I have already made plans to attend! Vacation time is already approved:cool:

sleekun 2019.08.08 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arch2b (Post 469704)
I have already made plans to attend! Vacation time is already approved:cool:

sounds great arch2b! i truely hope it's worth your time and trip and love to build off your experience and knowledge as much as possible!

Everyone else, i'll post more specifics very soon and try to get some pics of the last race and other items.

sleekun 2019.08.08 02:28 PM

Lodging:
For those traveling and plan to stay overnight, the closest and newest hotel that's about 9.2 miles from the race location and has plenty of eating and shopping near it is this Hampton Inn in Holly Springs NC

From their website:
Hampton Inn & Suites Holly Springs
1050 S Main Street, Holly Springs, North Carolina, 27540-8884
USA TEL: +1-919-552-7610

if there's another chain you like you can search for them in Apex or Cary NC, likely will add 10 or so miles to the distance but those would have the better hotels in them.

sleekun 2019.08.08 08:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Heres a picture from the race we did in July.

sleekun 2019.08.10 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleekun (Post 469706)
Lodging:
For those traveling and plan to stay overnight, the closest and newest hotel that's about 9.2 miles from the race location and has plenty of eating and shopping near it is this Hampton Inn in Holly Springs NC

From their website:
Hampton Inn & Suites Holly Springs
1050 S Main Street, Holly Springs, North Carolina, 27540-8884
USA TEL: +1-919-552-7610

if there's another chain you like you can search for them in Apex or Cary NC, likely will add 10 or so miles to the distance but those would have the better hotels in them.

I was also informed that there's a Microtel (sp?) in Lillington NC that's fairly new, i can't speak to how "nice" it is or heard from anyone about it, but in case the Hampton is booked or whatever that might be another option. Lillington has some eating options and about same distance to race location as holly springs.

sleekun 2019.08.16 10:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey everyone, attached is the track layout i'm leaning towards!!! bottom area is for putting car on track or stopping for adjustments or whatever, we had some plowed into last race. Flow is counter clockwise this time.

arch2b 2019.08.16 11:11 AM

Counter clockwise huh, you may loose some people with that choice, just want to be sure that is known. There is a segment of the community that simply chooses not to run CCW.

sleekun 2019.08.16 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arch2b (Post 469764)
Counter clockwise huh, you may loose some people with that choice, just want to be sure that is known. There is a segment of the community that simply chooses not to run CCW.

Funny because we had people barking last race because we ran it clockwise.....no win situation honestly. And it would be easy to mirror image it and run counter clockwise, guess if anyone has harsh feeling either way please let me know, otherwise we'll just stick with counter clockwise this time.

arch2b 2019.08.16 12:29 PM

Your never going to make everyone happy... :p

sleekun 2019.08.27 04:21 PM

Hi all, we're close to 1 1/2 weeks away from the Fuquay 500 v2.0.....let me know if you have any questions! classes, logistics for when, where, what, etc...hopefully I've got a lot of info in this post and the google documents but feel free to ask away if there's anything that comes up!

sleekun 2019.08.31 10:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey everyone, please check here OR the FB page for updates. I'm going to watch Hurricane Dorian as it destroys the east coast, as of this morning it's predicted to be a hurricane sitting off the NC coast by Thursday/Friday time frame. I'm sure that will change a million times before then.

If the conditions here look bad enough I'll make the call Thursday Night 9/5/19 whether or not i'm going to proceed with the race or call it off. Please pass the word along to anyone that may not be on this forum or on the FB page, let them know to double check before heading out.

I want EVERYONE to use your best judgement and keep safety at the front for any travels whether you live 10 miles or 500 miles away, this race is NOT worth risking unsafe conditions to try to get to!!!

Also for those planning overnight stays please check your hotels cancellation policy, i know some differ greatly.

Thanks everyone, lets hope this thing take a hard 180 and goes back out to sea.......

sleekun 2019.09.02 08:51 AM

Still hoping Dorian take a hard right, looks to be speeding up but well see.

on a more positive note i'm Guesstimating between those that responded here, on the FB event page, and just word of mouth i'm thinking 15 to 20 racers.....like last time margin of error is plus or minus 30 LOL

sleekun 2019.09.02 07:54 PM

For those that didn't go to the last Fuquay 500 or race at Smithfield, we'll be running each class to completion before starting the next class. This was a topic that came up last time, i just wanted to make sure everyone knew. So we'll runt he Stock GT and all it's heats and mains until complete, then we'll move on to the GT/LM 70t, etc. etc.....

sleekun 2019.09.04 07:25 PM

Quick weather update!

As of right now im still planning to have the race, however there are some possible caveats:

we are supposed to get heavy wind and rain thursday into friday....that may keep me from having everything setup early friday so I'll have to play that as it comes, hoping worst case still get it all setup be early afternoon/evening.

The only thing I see being a factor that could keep us from racing would be the unexpected like power loss to the facility, that's probably the biggest concern since we r supposed to get tropical storm force winds. or there could be catastrophic flooding in the area and blocking people from getting there....again hoping not but there's always a chance.

I'll keep everyone posted on my end, please keep track of what's going on in your area and where you'll be traveling friday through saturday.

Guess we should have called it the "hurricane 500"