Mini-ZRacer.com Forums

Mini-ZRacer.com Forums (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/index.php)
-   New York Mini-Z Racing (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   New NYC -Tight Technical Track- READ ME! (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21096)

MagicMan 2006.03.09 08:33 PM

New NYC -Tight Technical Track- READ ME!

Ok here's how it goes. I have space that is totally free, and electricity that I'm not getting charged for. My best friend (EMU) has a 'Mini Tile 96' track with some expansion, and extra turns. I have this track in this lot.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...Picture003.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...Picture002.jpg

If you guys are wondering how big that is in scale to a Mini-Z, watch this video of me running a S2000. Generally a small car, but you guys get the picture. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UphqeZ4Y58

I'm open to any names you guys have in mind for the track, I've thought up some silly ones, last one was Triple T RCP (Tight Technical Track). Open to suggestions. :p

I'm looking for open minded, open class, hobby driven drivers and racers that want to get into this for fun. Not for trophies, or for a seat on the 1st place podium. Just some competitive fun. My feelings are as follows: Once you involve money in a hobby, people are going to be driving with the wrong reasons in mind. :( Also once you put rules and limits into a 'hobby' you are only opening the possibility for cheating, and believe me there will be cheaters. I do not like sore losers, and I do not like people that congratulate your winnings in front of your face, and spit on you and accuse you of cheating behind your back. :mad: There is no fun involved that way anymore. What good is a trophy if no one will congratulate you for it. I'm out with my Mini-Z's to have fun, it isn't my fault that I seem to have a natural talent for it.

On a small technical course, with minimal straights, fets or no fets, the setup and driver will determine the winner, NOT the top speed and torque. Those will have minimal reason as to your winning. I'd like to start this with no limits, and end it that way, I want to take the skill of Mini-z's to a whole new level. I am open to any sort of ideas/criticism/or replies of anything that you have in mind. :D

I know I'm opening a whole can of criticism here, but in a nutshell, that's what this thread is for. ;)

Now according to my taste, I prefer a bit of a larger track, but when I say a bit, I emphasize 'bit'. This track with a master driver, can just get into high 6 second laps. :eek: So it's not as easy as it looks, and don't let the size throw you off. However, I don't have any more room for a larger track. I'm totally up for buying another Mini tile 96 and merging them. As a matter of fact I know someone that has another Mini Tile 96 that is willing to merge given the right location. So far there is no lap counter. So in conclusion, if you guys are out there, with huge lots, or have track sitting around, or have spent 1000's on a lap counter that you just so happen to have sitting around, lets merge and do something in this local Manhattan City. There is also a backyard to this place that I can totally make a Monster/Overland course in (Given the right weather, because that would be outdoor, not indoor). So the possibilities are endless! Hope to hear from you all! :cool:

Ladies and Gentlemen,
Start your Criticism/Replies!

Sincerely,
Your neighborhood Magician.

herman 2006.03.09 11:16 PM

congratulations, and all the best wishes for your track... :D

MagicMan 2006.03.10 11:23 PM

:-\

So no one is interested? or do I have to run a highlighter across this thread LOL :)

michvin 2006.03.11 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicMan
So no one is interested? or do I have to run a highlighter across this thread LOL :)

Do I really need to post for you to know that i am interested? :D :D
And i'd like to reconfirm the willingness to merge my 96 given the location :)

MagicMan 2006.03.11 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michvin
Do I really need to post for you to know that i am interested? :D :D
And i'd like to reconfirm the willingness to merge my 96 given the location :)

yes, we really need to find a bigger place, because if we merge our two tracks, that would be one heck of a course. I think I should invest on some blank tiles, to make the straight longer keeping it 3 tiles while the rest is all 2. I hope others can come together and colaborate with us to make something possible. :)

EMU 2006.03.11 02:56 PM

I believe that I still have a bunch more blank tiles... and michvin also has blanks.

Finding the right space would be key. We can see if we can find space once a week to setup the track race and tear down after we are done... Also a lap counter would be handy.

I can finish building my personal lap counter, and we can race in the HowFastAreYou-Mini-Tile series... We would race against the clock for 50 laps at a given layout... I believe for stock class you need stock motor, and any suspension hopups are allowed. Just a thought. I still have to buy a laser and detector for use with the Microsizers lap counter (personal counter).

MagicMan 2006.03.11 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMU
I believe that I still have a bunch more blank tiles... and michvin also has blanks.

Finding the right space would be key. We can see if we can find space once a week to setup the track race and tear down after we are done... Also a lap counter would be handy.

I can finish building my personal lap counter, and we can race in the HowFastAreYou-Mini-Tile series... We would race against the clock for 50 laps at a given layout... I believe for stock class you need stock motor, and any suspension hopups are allowed. Just a thought. I still have to buy a laser and detector for use with the Microsizers lap counter (personal counter).

This all sounds great, good ideas there. we really need space. my space wont hold more than it has already, and racer room is crammed. plus im going to have to move everything out cause of rennovation.

Anybody have space?

michvin 2006.03.11 07:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i have no idea for the name yet, but here is what i did in photoshop during 5 minutes. could be used as an emblem....

MagicMan 2006.03.11 07:49 PM

Quote:

i have no idea for the name yet, but here is what i did in photoshop during 5 minutes. could be used as an emblem....

I do web design, and I know a good logo when I see one. And I REALLY like what you made. Subtle, crisp and clean. :D

michvin 2006.03.11 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicMan
I do web design, and I know a good logo when I see one. And I REALLY like what you made. Subtle, crisp and clean. :D

And, what's most important, carries absolutely NO resemblance to NBA, MLB and NHL whatsoever :D :D

EMU 2006.03.11 08:06 PM

Nice logo ;) Although, why the stock TX :p

MagicMan 2006.03.11 08:42 PM

Quote:

And, what's most important, carries absolutely NO resemblance to NBA, MLB and NHL whatsoever :D :D

:) LOL, no absolutely no resemblance, I actually like the Stock TX, it's more universally recognized. I've seen so many, I could probably draw one of those with my eyes closed. :cool:

EMU 2006.03.11 09:00 PM

I assume you mean the newer KT-5 TX. I like the look of the older KT-2 better personally... Although, the KT-5 is not too bad. The best feature on it is the battery holder. Hate the trim location, and D/R location. They should have been reversed.

Im bored... no racing tonight due to transportation issues. And my MZM servo needs work again. That plasmatomic is sweet. very fast.

michvin 2006.03.12 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMU
Nice logo ;) Although, why the stock TX :p

would you think of mini-z if i put a pic of 3PK, 2PL, kt-2 or other tx there? i doubt it :)
But this TX is sooooooo recognizable....

MagicMan 2006.03.12 09:34 PM

Quote:

would you think of mini-z if i put a pic of 3PK, 2PL, kt-2 or other tx there? i doubt it :)
But this TX is sooooooo recognizable....

Exactly what I said, just in detail. Tell Eric I said good luck on the Math exam :)