Mini-ZRacer.com Forums

Mini-ZRacer.com Forums (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mini-ZRacer.com Mini-Z Dojo, Ann Arbor MI (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Mini-ZRacer.com Inaugural Event: 11/18/2005, Ann Arbor, MI (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19848)

mini-z 2005.11.15 12:54 PM

Mini-ZRacer.com Inaugural Event: 11/18/2005, Ann Arbor, MI

This Friday! :D Bring your Mini-Zs, XMODs, Epochs - whatever will fit on our RCP Track (we have 3 Wide Ls plus expansion tiles available, though the track will most likely be approximately 2 Wide Ls based on available space. Bring Core transponders if you have them - we will also have then available to borrow at the track.

The event will be held at Phoenix Games:

210 S 4th Ave, Ann Arbor, MI
http://www.google.com/maps?q=phoenix...&iwloc=A&hl=en

Please don't call or otherwise bug them, this is a Tiny RC event, they cannot answer any questions about it, and if our customers hassle them, they won't want us back any time soon. ;)

We'll be getting started around 6pm, and would appreciate help setting up the track/space etc. Racing will be free for this first event as we try to get a feel for turnout, what people are running, etc. Please note that there will be no one from Tiny RC there before 6pm, so if you get there early, please don't bother the Phoenix staff as they won't be able to answer any of your questions.

Please post to this thread if you plan on attending. Please also let us know if you have any questions/concerns/ideas/etc.

See you there! :D

briankstan 2005.11.15 01:06 PM

Just a thought.

if you are setting up a tack containing 2 wide L's, you should set up the Time Trial Track and submit the times for those that want to get ranked.

Visit www.howfastareyou.com for the track details and more info.

track # 1 is exactly 2 wide L's.

Hope you have a great turn out. I'm sure fun will be had by all.

mini-z 2005.11.15 01:18 PM

B, Track #1 or 2 are exactly the right size - I had thought about setting it up to HFAY spec, but since we don't know what kind of setups people will be running etc. wasn't sure if it made sense yet - but it's pretty much the best use of the space we have, might as well go for it! :cool: I'll be hopping on that thread next btw as we definitely want to be involved w/ this. FYI, the HFAY.com index doesn't display for me in FireFox, but works fine in IE. Thanks! :)

briankstan 2005.11.15 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mini-z
FYI, the HFAY.com index doesn't display for me in FireFox, but works fine in IE. Thanks! :)

I'm not sure why it won't pull it up, it must have something to do with the domain forward. I'm just linking it to the Salt Lake Mini-z site. you can access it in Firefox with this link http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/howfas...astareyou.html

Thanks for the info.

Brian

Draconious 2005.11.15 02:04 PM

Yes the first event should just be a FOR FUN event... class out the cars once you see who shows up, if only 4 ppl are there... it wont matter what class, but if 40 show up... well thats gona be fun... lol.

I do not realy have a Mini-Z setup to race... just my collection of "stock" cars on my shelf.

I do not know weather I will show up or not... depends on how I feel when friday gets here, and how much money I have for gas. And with gas prices... it will cost me about $50 in gas ($170 to fill the tank)... and I currently dont have $50, and the tank is bone dry. (I've not sold anything for a long time).

I will try to show up, so mark me as a yes... the fact that its free, is prolly the only thing allowing me to attend... if I do make it.

mini-z 2005.11.15 02:24 PM

D, you've been talking about this for ever, you better be there! :D

SonicFury 2005.11.15 05:42 PM

Crap... if it were a Saturday I'm sure will3kgt and I would show. Hope things turn out for you all!!

Mazda787b 2005.11.15 10:53 PM

Looks like I will be there. What time do you want us there to set up? As with drac, I don't have a set racer, just an Xmod Evo Firebird I picked up over labor day. It is bone stock, but still should be fun.

If anyone can spot me some AAA's for the night I'd appreciate it. I have some alkalines for practice, but I'd still need something. I just need to scrounge up some sort of motorfrom the parts bin.

I hope this will take off, as I told Mini-Z I have clearance to post flyers at the local RS, as well as the hobby shops. Would draw alot of new Christmas Xmodders to the races!

Thanks. I'm looking forward to meeting you all there.

will3kgt 2005.11.16 01:35 AM

Damn! I I just got off the phone with Sonicfury. I don't know if I can make it because I have to work a 16hr shift on Thurs. (How else do you think I pay for this stuff?) The more I think about it the more I want to come out. I think I'll find a way to make it out.

will3kgt 2005.11.16 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazda787b
Looks like I will be there. What time do you want us there to set up? As with drac, I don't have a set racer, just an Xmod Evo Firebird I picked up over labor day. It is bone stock, but still should be fun.

If anyone can spot me some AAA's for the night I'd appreciate it. I have some alkalines for practice, but I'd still need something. I just need to scrounge up some sort of motorfrom the parts bin.

I hope this will take off, as I told Mini-Z I have clearance to post flyers at the local RS, as well as the hobby shops. Would draw alot of new Christmas Xmodders to the races!

Thanks. I'm looking forward to meeting you all there.

Hey Mazda, I have plenty of batteries to spot ya. (If I can make it.) Truth be told I have an extra mini-z to spot you. (Unless of course, you want to try your luck with a stock xmod.) Looking forward to meeting everyone there if I can make it.

mini-z 2005.11.16 08:24 AM

Guys, I'll be bringing several cars and TXs so even if you don't have a car right now it shouldn't be a problem. And don't worry about being stock etc., as this first event is just for fun, no points etc. yet. MZR HQ is only a block away from the track so we can grab anything else that anyone needs too. Oh, and I'll bring plenty of AAAs and several chargers. 787, I'll shoot you an email if you're up for helping w/ setup. will3kgt, we should have some extra RCP tiles so we'll stack them up in a corner and you can take a nap - deal!? :D

briankstan 2005.11.16 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazda787b
I have clearance to post flyers at the local RS

I have tried to do this, I have been told by several different managers at several different store that they don't have the authority to allow any kind of sign or leaflet to be displayed in their stores. They refered me to the Local RS corporate HQ, I called them, they told me to call the National HQ. I did that and they told me they don't allow it. I was told it would be best to use their xmodsrc.com site to promote. of course that site is just a joke, you can't even post without it being approved first, and they don't allow you to post any kind of contact information.

Let me know your approch, I would be interested in how you got permission.

Thanks

Brian

Mazda787b 2005.11.16 03:11 PM

Thanks for the info guys, I really appreciate it. I will bring my Pirhana, iWaver Tx and the Xmod. I'm sorry about being so un-prepared, I've been really busy with hockey. But it looks like I got some stuff sold, so I should be able to buy a new IW02 or something comming up soon here.

I am just so excited, I can't wait!

briankstan,

I find that quite odd how they gave you the runaround on that. Everyone I ever talked to said it wouldn't be a problem. That includes the district manager. I will try and dig deeper next week.

will3kgt 2005.11.17 12:31 AM

I will be there Friday, I wouldn't miss this for the world! I'll be bringing my IW-02,
MR-01s, and I have a surprise car to show you guys that I won't even be able to race on the track. :cool: Mazda, I know how you feel about being unprepared, during the spring and summer I'm so busy with golf I don't have any time to work on my Zs or other cars. Hope to see everyone from MI at the races, I won't need any extra tiles.... RED BULL BABY! :confused:

badskater21 2005.11.17 11:22 AM

I am planning on coming too. I will bring my MR02 and Xmods Evo and
some Epochs. I will also bring some show and tell stuff like
my 1/32 scale Nitro Monster truck and X-Ray M18 Micro Monster conversions.
This should be a ton of fun Friday.....
I hope most guys are still running "AAA" batts and not Li-Po only.
LOTS of small cars but lots of BIG fun.