Mini-ZRacer.com Forums

Mini-ZRacer.com Forums (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Reflex Racing (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Reflex's Proprietary New Motor Pod (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35198)

Felix2010 2010.10.11 10:40 PM

Reflex's Proprietary New Motor Pod

Hi Guys,

I have been wondering if anyone has seen or heard anything about the new Reflex Racing Motor Mount? I know it's still early and not available for 2 months or so, but has anyone any info/details they could share about this mount? I've heard that it is nothing like any other mount out there right now... But I have to say, there have been some seriously dope mounts released by differing companies within the last year.

I know how sensitive details can get stolen and copied so I understand the secrecy... But I'm dying to see this motor mount from RR!

Anything? Anyone? It would be so appreciated. THANKS!

EMU 2010.10.11 10:57 PM

I am sure that Cristian will chime in when he has a chance... although, it may be too early to get pictures since it is not a finished product. I am sure when it gets closer to release, pictures will be available. Possibly after the PNWC, although there are no guarantees.

Prototype pictures are usually not shown for various reasons, but the primary reason is not necessarily due to other people copying the product, but because parts may change a lot before release.

I am really looking forward to get it in my hands as well. From what I have heard, it will be a great mount.

CristianTabush 2010.10.12 01:06 AM

Thanks EMU, exactly...

Well, just to quench curiosity out there, I do have the first 5 samples in my hands. These will be used at the PNWC finals this year by our team, given that the factory sends me the actual pivoting motor mount (the mount that mounts the motor on to the motor mount- kinda confusing to describe, but ya'll get me! ;) )

Unfortunately we had a miscomunication with the factory and these were not included with the rest of the parts to the mount. We are crossing our fingers that they can get them out to us, THE WEEK of the Worlds.

We have made various revisions to the mount already though, and this might delay the production a little further, but we really want a mount that is designed with the best features of all available mounts on the market included in one package. Our vision of "the pod" is nearly complete. When it is done, it will be a culmination of an array of vast ideas of what an "adjustable" motor pod should do and be according to Reflex. Basically out of every conversation about motor mounts that we have had throughout the years with other racers and team drivers we filtered the ideas and integrated them into our own package. In other words, it was kinda designed by you guys, the racers.

The mount will be upgradable. As a base model pod, you will be capable of increasing wheelbases in 2mm increases, with minimum work to the pod. The design of the mount is structuraly sound, with reinforcements in key stress areas but with a super light-weight design in mind. It is tri shock and DPS readyand other optional parts will be available for the pod to make it even more versatile. Motor orientation is similar to the PN 94-98mm mounts and it has 4 adjustable axle height positions. A couple of other really cool features are integrated into the design of the pod, but won't be released until production is ready to be complete.

We might leak some pics at the Worlds, but we really want to keep the design a little under wraps for a while until we have something a little more finite.

yasuji 2010.10.12 01:22 AM

:eek:leaked on fb.... better befriend reflex racing!

herman 2010.10.12 03:11 AM

''gear diff'' - lol
looks cool even though the pics were blurred a bit... has a rear diffuser too..

chad508 2010.10.12 07:19 AM

pics are blurry but the diff looks odd to me. looks like it has plates like a ball diff. maybe its some type of hybrib.

Felix2010 2010.10.12 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yasuji (Post 395353)
:eek:leaked on fb.... better befriend reflex racing!

What (blurry)pics are you guys looking at? I checked Reflex's FB, no luck. Where can I see the leaked photo(s)???:D

EMU 2010.10.12 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felix2010 (Post 395423)
What (blurry)pics are you guys looking at? I checked Reflex's FB, no luck. Where can I see the leaked photo(s)???:D

Did you check the wall ;)

skyler 2010.10.18 03:57 PM

Proto MM Pics

I couldn't find it either. Why doesn't somebody post it HERE. That's what this site IS FOR.

VAzRACER 2010.10.18 04:41 PM

Here you go!

skyler 2010.10.18 05:39 PM

Thanks man!

Felix2010 2010.10.18 06:16 PM

Thank you for posting the sneek peek:) Looking forward to more:D

lfisminiz 2010.10.18 06:27 PM

Matt, nice blur effect.;):p:D

VAzRACER 2010.10.18 06:37 PM

CT was the one who took that pic, I just pulled it off the Reflex f******k page.(I think it was from his phone) Its a real teaser shot.:p You cant really get too much info from it but from what I am told it is going to be very versitile and have more adjustment than the other mounts out right now. I will be getting a better look at it once we are at the worlds.:D Maybe even some better pics too.

CristianTabush 2010.10.18 06:49 PM

Sorry, the pics are kind of reserved for the F******k group. Reason being is we do not want ANYTHING getting out before the mount is finalized. It is getting some revisions done to it. The teaser pic was released for a brief time so that we could show you guys that it's on the way. :)

The pictures have been removed from f******k though. :( We are just trying to keep everything under wraps.