Mini-ZRacer.com Forums

Mini-ZRacer.com Forums (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Core Lap Timing System Support Forum (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   am getting glitches from Core hardware. how to fix (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33565)

racer_18x 2010.01.19 11:32 AM

am getting glitches from Core hardware. how to fix

hi guys, i've been running the core hardware with flipside software on my track for the past week. we been testing it with the mr03 and it was flawless. but recently we've been getting few mr02 that still run am's on them and getting glitches whenever it crosses the coil... have tried lots of different placement of the core hardware but still not much improvement. can anyone advice me on what should be done next?

thanks

imxlr8ed 2010.01.19 11:40 AM

Some frequencies are close to the loops signal. I'd recommend trying other crystals first... or ordering some higher frequencies. (I was always in the 27.600 range as opposed to the 26.900-27.300 range, never had an issue with the loop)

arch2b 2010.01.19 12:15 PM

if i recall, channel 3 was always a frequently glitchy channel with core.

briankstan 2010.01.19 04:18 PM

channel 3 is the worst. other channels can have it as well. What is the placement of the loop? is there any large metal objects around it, doors, something in the floor, etc.

I also notice that you get more interference with the stock TX then you would with say a Helios or M8 or other High end TX's. they have a stronger more clear signal.

EMU 2010.01.19 05:00 PM

I have noticed that the Futaba AM transmitters would get the least glitches with the Core. Even the 2PL was better than the Helios in that regard. They seem to have the strongest AM signal... Almost everyone used a Futaba for this reason alone when AM was the only band available.

briankstan 2010.01.19 05:55 PM

I've never had any glitching issues with core while using my Helios. several of the guys at our club use the 2pl and have had good luck with them as well.

it's worth a shot trying a different TX so see if it does away with the problem.

bermbuster 2010.01.20 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racer_18x (Post 373046)
hi guys, i've been running the core hardware with flipside software on my track for the past week. we been testing it with the mr03 and it was flawless. but recently we've been getting few mr02 that still run am's on them and getting glitches whenever it crosses the coil... have tried lots of different placement of the core hardware but still not much improvement. can anyone advice me on what should be done next?

thanks

I had a lot of glitching when I ran am. Im a slower driver and what I noticed faster guys can drive through glitches.....Being slower the glitch just sucked me in...
Someone here(mini z racer) has a post on how to glitch proof the am car.
They said to use a pc of anti static plastic(electronic bags) as a shield along with several other awesome tricks.
I always wanted to try it but never did.

racer_18x 2010.01.20 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by briankstan (Post 373058)
channel 3 is the worst. other channels can have it as well. What is the placement of the loop? is there any large metal objects around it, doors, something in the floor, etc.

I also notice that you get more interference with the stock TX then you would with say a Helios or M8 or other High end TX's. they have a stronger more clear signal.

well the loop is place at a very slow corner so that we wont miss any laps and very close to the drive stand as well to reduce the glitches...as for the floor i'm on the 3rd storey of the building so maybe there is some beams underneath but i laid carpet in between the floor and the loop.

drivers using the highend tx still do get glitches at times but i've never check wat freq they are on...will advice them to switch to those special crystals when they play again.

but a question to you pros any way to reduce rf interference from the building structure? eg doors and building beams..etc

arch2b 2010.01.20 12:01 PM

do not have drivers standing close to the core unit. this only makes it worse in my opinion. i always kept a 3' clearance from the unit at a min.

in a multi story building, there could be any number of things within or beneath the floor that contribute to interference. from beams, rebar to power conduits, etc. stay away from metal columns, objects, etc. we've even found a k+s engineering shop stand with metal plates, wires, and meshs at our local hobby shop cause issues.

to be honest, this has pretty much all been documented extensively in the past, i would suggest reading some of the older posts in this section or search for core glitching. your going to find much more info than you care to really.