Mini-ZRacer.com Forums

Mini-ZRacer.com Forums (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Washington DC Area GTG, MD/VA/DC (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   90mm Class Racing (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39662)

arch2b 2014.03.09 12:44 PM

90mm Class Racing

Rules (Ver. 2.0) Updated on 12-29-2019

• Chassis - Any manufacturer, mass market/production chassis compatible with 86mm-90mm wheelbase.

• Motor - Any Manufacturer motor permitted.

• PCB - Any modification permitted.

• Bodies - 86mm to 90mm required. Must be appropriate to Mini-Z scale, either lexan or Autoscale variety.

• Wheels - Any Manufacturer wheels.

• Tires - Any Manufacturer brand rubber tire (No grooving, cutting or silicone based tires allowed)

• Batteries - Four AAA batteries. Alkaline, Ni-MH or Ni-Cd batteries may be used. No other type of battery may be used. For example: Lithium Polymer may not be used, Ni-Zn may not be used.

• Ball Bearings - Any manufacturer non ceramic ball bearings are permitted.

• Front Suspension - Any manufacturer suspension and parts permitted.

• Rear Suspension - Any manufacturer suspension permitted.

• H/T Plate - Any Manufacturer H/T plate permitted, must be appropriate to stock wheelbase for chassis configuration and Autoscale selection.

• Wheel Nuts - Any Manufacturer wheel nuts permitted.

Modifications to the rules
• If you put it on the track you acknowledge and accept the potential/possible outcomes therein, to include but not limited to lack of first place finish and or damage to car resulting from the track and or interaction with other cars on the track.
• Oils, lubes, greases, tire tape will be allowed in our series.

Schedule:

arch2b 2014.03.09 12:48 PM

please read and let me know if i've missed anything.

Mike Keely 2015.06.24 04:04 PM

Are we racing this Sat?

arch2b 2015.06.24 04:18 PM

Yep :d

arch2b 2015.08.29 09:36 AM

2016 format

in december, i will want to have a clear picture of what 2016 will look like so i can plan and modify all the various club information, sites, etc. and well, as much as i love 86-90mm class, it continues to have the least participation. :rolleyes: keeping all this information up, current and distributed is time consuming work, there is a lot going on in keeping the club going, keeping the events rolling, etc.

open to suggestions of what can fill this slot for 2016. MOD is here to stay, need a class for everyone to use their gear and it's really a drivers choice class. the results have not always been better than say HFAY or 86-90 but who doesn't like raw speed and the thrill of watching a car shoot off the track from time to time :p

in all seriousness, this slot is important as it needs to be distinguishable from stock, HFAY and MOD. each of these has definable characteristics that make it unique and this must be true of the 4th slot as well. if in the end, nothing is better, open to that as well. stock days can run long when there are 12-14 people but thats a good problem to have :D an options could be to leave this open for test/tune and perhaps specialty events like the upcoming trailer race. there are any number of other specialty events that we have wanted to do but just haven't found the time. i still have 12 PT cruisers sitting on a shelf... :rolleyes:

TheRinger 2015.09.02 12:37 PM

I'm down for a PT cruiser race:o

Mike Keely 2015.09.03 08:54 PM

I would love to have a enduro race every few months with teams.

byebye 2015.09.03 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRinger (Post 458325)
I'm down for a PT cruiser race:o

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Keely (Post 458336)
I would love to have a enduro race every few months with teams.

I'm down for both.

arch2b 2015.09.04 06:22 AM

lets chat about it more as 2015 season winds down to develop a solid program for 2016. this needs to include properly configuring and understanding how zround works with points series. i'm at a loss at this point on how to get that to work properly and get meaningful reports from it.

byebye 2015.09.04 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arch2b (Post 458342)
lets chat about it more as 2015 season winds down to develop a solid program for 2016. this needs to include properly configuring and understanding how zround works with points series. i'm at a loss at this point on how to get that to work properly and get meaningful reports from it.

Yeah I'd like to have a solid competitive club pints series. I'll help as best I can.