Mini-ZRacer.com Forums

Mini-ZRacer.com Forums (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/index.php)
-   MC3, Toronto, ON, Canada (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=172)
-   -   Something very amazing is coming from MC3 (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40855)

Sinister_Y 2016.12.05 03:30 PM

Something very amazing is coming from MC3

Hint "do you like F1"?

check out our social media fanpage for the first "sneak peek" with more coming soon...

EMU 2016.12.05 03:48 PM

New front wings... Looks good. And pretty detailed.

Blf 2016.12.05 05:24 PM

Nice!!! We are in Shawn :)

Sinister_Y 2016.12.05 05:31 PM

Lots more to see... Not just wings.... :)

Stay tuned!

lfisminiz 2016.12.05 06:18 PM

Sounds good! :)

EMU 2016.12.05 06:19 PM

I am excited to see what you have come up with. There are plenty of areas that could use attention on the chassis...

I played around with designing some goodies for it a few years ago, but never went beyond proof of concept stage.

Sinister_Y 2016.12.08 08:31 AM

sneak peek #2

1 Attachment(s)
here is another shot...more to come :)

arch2b 2016.12.08 12:43 PM

3d printed rear F1 wing?!

Sinister_Y 2016.12.08 11:14 PM

but wait...there's more

remind you of an infomercial?

It's true...yes, front and rear wings and there's more reveals coming...

and yes, some have noticed the front wing has an integrated nose and front bumper.

EMU 2016.12.09 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinister_Y (Post 462498)
and yes, some have noticed the front wing has an integrated nose and front bumper.

Will there be different variants, compatible with different bodies?

Low/high downforce versions to aero tune the car?

It looks very scale...

How does the rear wing attach? It looks like it doesnt have the rear screw holes to attach to the motormount...

arch2b 2016.12.09 07:31 AM

i'e run shapeways printed autoscales and the material is tuff and i'm sure you've tested it's durability. those front wings take a beating :rolleyes:

nice to see someone take the reigns with Mantis out of production. at least i assume he's not producing anymore as we haven't seen anything from him in ages.

i'm shocked someone hasn't used 3d printing to make a more current version autoscale with adequate motor wire clearance.

EMU 2016.12.09 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arch2b (Post 462503)
i'e run shapeways printed autoscales and the material is tuff and i'm sure you've tested it's durability. those front wings take a beating :rolleyes:

nice to see someone take the reigns with Mantis out of production. at least i assume he's not producing anymore as we haven't seen anything from him in ages.

i'm shocked someone hasn't used 3d printing to make a more current version autoscale with adequate motor wire clearance.

The printed autoscales dont have the correct finish/detail to be a retail product. They are light, and very flexible with the strong/flexible shapeways material. I would categorize them in a similar field to lexan bodies. I would think a generic F1 body with alterations for motor wires/damper clearance would be nice, and the material would be ok for that since the F1 bodies dont jar loose the way that racer bodies do.

Havent seen or heard anything from Mantis in years... It is great to see development for the chassis again. It truly is the most fun chassis to race in my eyes when it is setup well. I am glad to see these parts coming out, and despite not getting much track time lately, I will probably pick some up and rebuild a chassis...

Kevinmueller 2016.12.09 02:07 PM

Hey guys, glad to see their is still some interest in F1. I agree with EMU that the F1 class is the most fun I've been a big fan for a long time. We have been doing a lot of testing with the parts and at high speeds it is still very durable. We put in a PN115 000KV engine to see how they would stand up to extreme speeds and so far we have had no problems. The printed material is quite strong and flexible much like the shapeways printed material (maybe even a bit better but its been a long time since I have gotten any shapeway parts). The rear wing can be adjusted for different angles of rake to allow for more or less down force. The front wing is fixed for now, making it adjustable might reduce its strength and one of our goals was to make a product that would last. We are getting very close to finishing, stay tuned for more pics and parts.

arch2b 2016.12.09 06:18 PM

What will the finished product be made of? Is 3D printed the end product or just prototyping?
The downside to shapeways strong flexible material is, it's not easy to paint due to material. My auto scale has held up well under heavy use but dreading the process the actually paint it.

Kevinmueller 2016.12.09 09:00 PM

As of now the products will be 3D printed. The idea to make the products came to us in August when we entered the one28racing on line competition. We realized that very few people raced in the F1 class (for this month their are only 3 times posted) and wanted to make something that could be competitive and fun to drive. As was stated by others above very little innovation has been applied to the F1 chassis for a long time. We have tried to make our parts based on the 2017 F1 car rules to give it a more modern look while also making the car perform much better (maybe even faster than an MR-03).

A lot of the guys at our club have F1 cars but they just sit in their tool boxes collecting dust. We are hopping to revive the F1 class now that PN and Marka have made some good grippy tires. That all being said its difficult to say how many people will want to take a stab at reviving their F1 passion. So 3D printing is what we have decided to go with. I know its more work to paint but believe me it will be worth it.