Mini-ZRacer.com Forums

Mini-ZRacer.com Forums (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mini-Z Racer MR-02 (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Effects of offset'ed rear axle on RM? (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12660)

pukkita 2004.03.15 08:09 AM

Effects of offset'ed rear axle on RM?

Hi,

I've been looking for alloy rims for my G'ZOX (MR02 RM) and found some very nice ones... only drawback is they seem to be designed for MM bodies (no offset fronts and 2mm offset rears).

I understand having an offset'ed rear axle isn't as detrimental in handling as if it were the front, but have two concerns. One is if the wheels stick out of the chassis. I'd swear the G'ZOX have some extra wheelwells width and the rims won't stick out, but would like to hear some experiences...

The other is I'd bet this chassis has more than enough cornering ability, and the offset'ed rear axle will reduce it, but how much? to an acceptable level? it is worth the added cornering stability?

Has anybody tried enzo rims on a G'ZOX? experiences? problems?

neurokinetik 2004.03.15 08:56 AM

I have run a set of AVM Quintechs that were designed for the Enzo on my Mobil 1 NSX, and the big problem with the offset is that you will break H plates very easily from side impacts. I snapped two in an evening, so I went back to the stock NSX wheels.

pukkita 2004.03.16 03:56 AM

hmmm... that was the kind of things I wanted to know... thanks!

Draconious 2004.03.16 06:15 AM

rear axle on the MR01 and MR02 are same length so the rear tires should all fit the body they were ment for, regardless to what chassis its on, its the front rims u gota worry about...

G'ZOX 2004.03.16 02:54 PM

i got a custom set of fitted Square rims for my G'ZOX. i got hooked up at the [deleted - please do not try to bypass the filter] the guy there took apart a set of Inch-up BBS rims from two sizes and made me a set that fits my NSX. This is the closest combo you can get to fit your NSX:

Square 11mm, 0 offset in rear
Square 8.5mm, .5 offset in the front

you can't even notice the offset in the front.. nice. the wheel design is GREAT and Square makes such a killer product! my only gripe is that you can only build this set in silver.. no gunmetal.

R33E8 2004.03.16 06:09 PM

Are those the rims you are talking about in your avater? Does anyone know why the mr-01 rims are not capable with the mr-02 bodysets? Thats what it says on the ********** website. I really like the gunmetal square rims G'ZOX has but I was not sure if they would fit. Would the breaking of the h-plates be minimized if you bought roll shocks?

Draconious 2004.03.16 06:40 PM

The MR02 is wider in the front... they basicly moved the offset to the chassis, instead of the front rims... so the turning point of the knuckle was further out and did not look so ockward when wide rims turn... so you basicly need a wide body for the MR02, yet you need to use narrow wheels in the front... if you used say, the MR01 CLK body and rims on the MR02, the front end will be wider than the rear... cuz the front would have offset in the rims, AND the chassis... double wammy.

G'ZOX 2004.03.17 12:18 PM

the rims in my avatar are Square BBS gunmetals. they looked totally sick until someone on this site pointed out the offset they had. the wheels just didn't fit my car, so i returned them an got some silver ones that actually fit.
man those were killer wheels...
i always wondered if you had like a drill press or something if you could drill out the offset on the Square rims and customize them to fit the NSX. it might work..

R33E8 2004.03.17 02:01 PM

So it just dosn't work with your body or does it just look wrong? I personaly think it looks very nice.:cool:

G'ZOX 2004.03.17 07:29 PM

it looks killer, but the rims don't fit the body...:(

TonyM 2004.03.23 04:08 PM

I have the same problems too! Front wheel stick out too much, and the rear offset not low enough. Is there any spacer avaliable? Or after market wheel with offset (not as low as Enzo)