Mini-ZRacer.com Forums

Mini-ZRacer.com Forums (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mini-Z F1 MF-010, MF-015 (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Ordered my First mini, went F1 !!! (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3635)

flood 2002.07.25 04:54 PM

Ordered my First mini, went F1 !!!

I am awaiting my new toy. As soon as I saw them I knew that I had to have one. I figure why not just skip all the regular types and go straight for the F1 ? So I got the Coulthard car. Pretty sweet if you ask me. But I have alot of questions.

1. How fast are these? I assume they zip right along but will I be satisfied?
2. How far is the range?

I am already plainning the turbo and Xmotor for it along with the recharceable batteries (not Nicad)

I love looking at the pics others have as well. Its truly cool to see a mini viper with lights that can actually drive. Too cool

mini-z 2002.07.25 10:24 PM

flood, welcome to the Forums! Good choice on the DC! The car is about 11mph stock. Adding the turbo and X-Speed (or even better, a Mini-ZRacer.com motor) will improve this a great deal. The range depends on many factors, such as your location, but you can expect 30-100', and you can make several modifications to help improve reception.

herman 2002.07.26 12:09 AM

hi flood... welcome to the forums... nice choice on the f-1... they're a lot easier to modify and are more stable, plus they have brakes...

looks like mr mini-z answered your questions... so i'll just give you a webpage... its a japanese site that modified the f-1's to include most of the cars on the whole grid... check it out... and welcome once again...

http://www.mirai.ne.jp/~nobu-f/

West.F1 2002.07.26 12:54 PM

welcome to the forum and the world of miniF1s. same with you Mini-Me.

it's just the beginning of a new addiction ( or should i say money pit).

remember, 'If you're not breaking things, you're not going fast'
Let the spending on upgrades and spare parts begin :D

flood 2002.07.26 01:30 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome !

I wonder how long it takes to ship to the US from Hong Kong. I bought it through model shop online and it shipped the 25th.

I stated this in another post, but I can't wait to run the halls here at work. I work at IBM and we have hallways that are very, very long. I think it will be fun to cruise em. Plus I can run it from my desk. We have the low cut-pile carpet here and I think the car will run great on it.

I have already thought about a new motor and turbo upgrade for it. I really want it to haul. I am already addicted and I dont' even have it yet !! yikes

le-manz 2002.07.26 06:10 PM

aint seen nothing yet bro:D
just got my second f1, so now its a family of 3: one clk, one ferrari and one williams. i'm right in the process of building a 15x12 feet track in the garage, just build a 4 lane laptimer and it WORKS!!!! monday the carpets will arrive, so some serious racing is just around the corner:cool:

one year ago i thought that "rc-cars and people who play with them are lame geeks"............;)

West.F1 2002.07.26 06:40 PM

LOL.

Quote:

one year ago i thought that "rc-cars and people who play with them are lame geeks"............
i thought the same thing before i got started few years back. funny how we're on the inside looking out.:p

It's all good.

West.F1 2002.08.01 07:53 AM

well flood,

so how long did it take to ship from HK?
best of all, how much was s&h?

flood 2002.08.01 08:17 AM

It took about a week to get here (colorado) from Hong Kong, which was faster than I had expected. The shipping was like 30 bucks and the car was about 100. After Nimh batteries and a charger from target everything was about 200bucks.

I had checked a local store for the mini-z and they were 160. SO I saved 30 bucks ordering it.

West.F1 2002.08.01 08:23 AM

what!? an F1 for $100 ? my mclaren was $149 + tax.

a weeks wait could have saved me at least $20!! AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!