Mini-ZRacer.com Forums

Mini-ZRacer.com Forums (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Autoscales, Bodies, Cars and Drivers (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   350z hasemi endless body??? (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36970)

kingpest13 2011.09.04 01:52 PM

350z hasemi endless body???

I just noticed that the mzg305he body is different than the other 350z bodies. It seems unlike kyosho to produce a body style with only one paint job. Does anybody know if there are other bodies that use this 350z style?

kingpest13 2011.09.04 02:19 PM

oh...yeah

Sorry I can't post pics from my phone but they are easy to find on the web.

I have looked fairly thoroughly and so far it is not the same as; the 2004 calsonic
2005 calsonic
2007 casonic
The s tune
So what the heck is it? If someone wants the post pics you will notice the endless' rear difuser or lack of one. Kinda cool because you would normally cut this area down so that the back doesnt drag.

color01 2011.09.04 02:32 PM

I believe it was the earliest one too, 2003. It has a great shape for racing, however due to its rarity you will probably never see one on the track again. :rolleyes: Let's hope for Kyosho to re-release it!

EMU 2011.09.04 03:55 PM

I have one, and could never get it running properly. I bought it used with some damage, but it has almost no overhangs, and is very edgy, Maybe with different approach tuning, and strictly stock class racing it could be worth trying... if you could find one.

color01 2011.09.04 04:29 PM

Treat it like a shorttail McLaren F1 -- edgy but quick, and can slip inside other cars easily. I remember seeing one on RCP a long time ago, it ran well.

herman 2011.09.04 10:55 PM

ah... yeah... i do believe that it is a rare body... never got around to trying one either...
good luck looking for one... you might want to try the later 350gt autoscales...
don't think that they are just as rare, so you might want to check them out...
found some pics here

kingpest13 2011.09.07 03:09 PM

Yeah I will keep my eyes peeled for one. I guess what im trying to find out is are there any variants???? Ive spent a couple hrs searching the net for 2003 350's but no luck. Could this be the only paint scheme? It apears so.
I like the 2007 for a 94mm once the diffusers are cut. Right now im liking the supra. Man I wish kyosho would get it in gear with the gloss coat!!!
makes a huge difference in the appearance and durabilty. Plus, I actually feel like im racing a RACE. Car!!! Idk why but I enjoy driving a glossy body more even if its not the best one for the layout. Btw I think I figured out the process somewhat. Its an immersion technique. Meaning they float the coating on a liquid and dip the body through the skin that is one the surface. If you look on the underside of the body you can see the little squares where the stick was. So if the liquid is water could the coating be an oil based clear coat?

EMU 2011.09.07 04:08 PM

There is only one version of the autoscale body, as well as an unpainted version. Both are nearly impossible to find. It took me almost 3 years to find one in beat up shape...

kingpest13 2011.09.07 04:40 PM

Thanks for the confirmation. I saw one go down on ebay about two Mos. Ago. It was used but still had its mirrors. Guy Sold three bodies for thiry bucks. I was in the hospital after a really bad car wreck and was so out of it that I didn't get to up my bid.
I guess that's what happens when you have five broken bones in your legs one in your arm and a destroyed rotator cuff. I still can't walk and the doc says at least december till I can even try.
Needless to say I caught up on the white body paint projects!!! In fact i'm looking to start selling custom painted bodies. Although I don't really see anyone making any money doing it. I do paint a mean body though. Tiny checker board is my speciality. Just finished a 360 gtc in yellow and light blue checkerboard. Took forever. Beautiful.
Also thinking about producing carbon fiber bodies in limited runs. Im thinking orange carbon twill weave moslers or long tail maclarens to start. edition of twenty. If I could get the price down to autoscale price and include wheels I will be able to sell some I think.
Any input on that totally off topic comment? :-)

Skv012a 2011.12.01 04:38 PM

I have the unpainted one and honestly, the rear end is so high that I got my T plates busted SO many times I retired that idea. Great form aesthetically, but not really a great overall racing candidate.

kingpest13 2011.12.01 11:10 PM

I use the awd so it wouldn't matter to me. Is it performance wise a good body barring the t bar issue?

EMU 2011.12.02 10:45 AM

It reacts very quickly since there is very little overhang past the wheels. Best used on tight tracks with a somewhat conservative setup. On high speed tracks, it gets a little edgy. On AWD it works well because its light, and increases the chassis agility. For anything more than 70t on 2wd, you may want to consider a body that has more mechanical grip/mass.