Mini-ZRacer.com Forums

Mini-ZRacer.com Forums (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/index.php)
-   FAQ (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Car spins only while turning one way (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4182)

TECHN0 2002.08.27 01:48 AM

Car spinning toward the right

Hi,

I'm confused as to why one of my car keeps spinning to the right when accelerating. I'm running xspeed with proline rear roll socks and squat ball bearings. New 40 tires by Kyosho.

No hop ups in the front yet and still waiting for my mail orders for some topcat stuff including the bulkhead, tie rods, knuckles, kingpins.

What would I need in terms of stabilizing the front end during acceleration so the car doesn't spins? it is because of way too much torque? I'd think it should leap forward instead right?

Techn0
btw, those squat ball bearings are SwwwwwwwwwweeeeeTTTT!

jeffrey 2002.08.27 02:28 AM

do you have a ball diff.?

TECHN0 2002.08.27 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by jeffrey
do you have a ball diff.?
Yes in fact I do. It's made by Proline I think and it's purple. I forgot to mention that on my post.

Techn0

butler 2002.08.27 03:48 AM

Try tightening your diff up. Remember the rear weight distribution is a little uneven because of the motor location is off centre.

le-manz 2002.08.27 04:05 AM

Also take some time to get the steerring trim on the TX right, and it should be done everytime you turn it on. Well it's one of the flaws of the mini-z:(

try change the tires to 20, world of difference. if you still experience oversteer then change the fronts to 30 but only the fronts. Tires is by far the most important hop-up for your car so try out some different combinations to see what best for your driving style and surface;)

butler 2002.08.27 04:09 AM

le-manz, its spins on acceleration. So I guess softer rears will help.

le-manz 2002.08.27 04:14 AM

lol thats what i meant, but its not coming across very well:D
what i meant is go for 20 around the car, front and back!!!!!;)

butler 2002.08.27 04:17 AM

Its all good.:D

TECHN0 2002.08.27 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by butler
Try tightening your diff up. Remember the rear weight distribution is a little uneven because of the motor location is off centre.
Thanks. Will try to tighten the read diff. Any way of doing this correctly?

Techn0

TECHN0 2002.08.27 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by le-manz
Also take some time to get the steerring trim on the TX right, and it should be done everytime you turn it on. Well it's one of the flaws of the mini-z:(

try change the tires to 20, world of difference. if you still experience oversteer then change the fronts to 30 but only the fronts. Tires is by far the most important hop-up for your car so try out some different combinations to see what best for your driving style and surface;)

Same thing with 20 tires. I think the read traction is too stiff, but then, it should go straight and not just spin to one side right?

Techn0

TECHN0 2002.08.27 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by butler
le-manz, its spins on acceleration. So I guess softer rears will help.
I think I'll try that route too and use a softer spring.. But it's weird.. LOL

Techn0

Russ 2002.08.27 03:20 PM

You need to adjust the tweak for your H plate. That is why the car is spinning one way. You said it spins to the right, so the back left tire is getting more traction than the back right. Unscrew the front spur-side screw 1/4 of a turn, then try it again. If you need more, unscrew it again until it is out 1/2 a turn. If you still need more, unscrew the back nonspur-side screw 1/4 a turn. What you are doing when you do this is transfer the weight from the rear left tire to the rear right tire so an equal amount of weight is distributed to both tires evenly. Nothing will cure the problem of a tweaked H plate other than adjusting the actual H plate itself. I've seen H plates so bad that just unscrewing the screws won't help. They even had to put washers under one side of the H plate.

TECHN0 2002.08.27 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Russ
You need to adjust the tweak for your H plate. That is why the car is spinning one way. You said it spins to the right, so the back left tire is getting more traction than the back right. Unscrew the front spur-side screw 1/4 of a turn, then try it again. If you need more, unscrew it again until it is out 1/2 a turn. If you still need more, unscrew the back nonspur-side screw 1/4 a turn. What you are doing when you do this is transfer the weight from the rear left tire to the rear right tire so an equal amount of weight is distributed to both tires evenly. Nothing will cure the problem of a tweaked H plate other than adjusting the actual H plate itself. I've seen H plates so bad that just unscrewing the screws won't help. They even had to put washers under one side of the H plate.
Thanks for your advice Russ,

Tweaked meaning bend out of shape somehow? So would changing another H plate cure this? or is it just the nature of these mini-z?

Techn0

Russ 2002.08.27 06:41 PM

Even though they may look it, 99% of the H plates made aren't 100% flat all around. Even if they are, the weight balance from the motor throws it off too. It is highly unlikely that you have the perfect setup right out of the box. So, yeah, your H bar is probably bent, or tweaked a little, you know, twisted a bit. You have to compensate for that little twist.