Mini-ZRacer.com Forums

Mini-ZRacer.com Forums (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   ebay/paypal (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1165)

bbc5 2002.01.29 04:24 PM

ebay/paypal

does anyone know how paypal works when you deal direct with someone? is it possible to pay someone with paypal outside of
say....this mini-zracer.com site or outside of ebay?
and if you can do something like that, is there any way to
dispute a charge if the person doesn't send you the orders? :)
was just wondering...since some ebay sellers are willing to deal
direct...for a cheaper price.......sigh....running out of money these
days.... :(

Russ 2002.01.29 05:30 PM

Yeah, as long as you & the seller both have paypal, you can send him money. I pay my roommate my share of our apartment's rent through paypal. BUT, if the other person doesn't have paypal, then they will have to get an account to accept your payment, which they probably won't want to do. Like, right now, I could sell you, say, my old shoe, and you could paypal me $30. I'd ship it out the next day. Paypal has VERY good insurance too. Plus, most everyone I send money to is verified, which means they have a credit card or bank account registered. If there is a dispute and you win, and the other party doesn't want to pay, paypal can just take it out of their bank account or credit card for you.

bbc5 2002.01.29 05:34 PM

cool...thanks for the info :)
i was going to setup some site for this person and was
thinking of getting discount r/c parts from them in return...
but was wondering i could do paypal...
btw, to mini-z...
any need for some java backend web stuff?
like order processing or a shop inventory/update application?
mini-z parts are a commodity y'know :D
hehe.....

mini-z 2002.01.29 06:23 PM

Russ, I'm not sure that what you said about the bank/CC is correct. I got ripped off on eBay once - sent the guy $150 for a 2GB Toshiba PCMCIA HD, and he totally disappeared, no email, the phone # had been disconnected, etc., and I filed a complaint w/ PayPal and they said that they couldn't refund it because he had no money in his PayPal account, and that's where refunds come from. I managed to get the money back via my CC company in the end. So I'm not sure if what you said is correct.
bbc5, we're currently developing a new shopping cart system in PHP and already have inventory management taken care of - but email me, we should chat about this. Thanks!

Russ 2002.01.29 06:33 PM

Really?? I emailed them about a problem I had and that's what they expained to me, but this was back in the day when paypal first started up...so it's probably all different by now....BUT!!! What I said about my old shoe is 100% true!!! If you send me $30, I'll get it out as soon as I can!!! LOL J/k

mini-z 2002.01.29 06:37 PM

Russ, is that including shipping? ;) I'll see if I can find the email where they said they can only use money in the account.

HKS117 2002.01.30 03:39 PM

I have another question about that stuff.Once you make your payment to a seller doesn't it go into is bank account right away?I bought some RC stuff online and the guy says he hasn't shipped it yet cause it hasn't shown up in his account yet.

And if it doesn't go in right away how long does it usually take?

Russ 2002.01.30 04:12 PM

I don't know about the business accounts or whatever, but as far as a personal account, the money just goes into your "paypal" account, and from there, you can keep it there and spend it on other stuff, or withdraw it to your bank account.

HKS117 2002.01.30 04:47 PM

Ok thanks,it's a personal account on Ebay's E-Bill which is similar to Paypal.I just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting hoodwinked.

Draconious 2002.01.30 04:59 PM

Well some ppl out there, have false auctions on ebay, so when ppl pay via pay pal (or similar system), they get the money, then cash it out, and close their acount... and then just dont send the item... then they make a new acount, and new paypal acount.

If paypal automaticly took out money from my acount, because some one "claimed" they bought someting from me, I would be standing infront of the paypal HQ with a flame thrower. I would asume they only do this for the PayPal stores, where an item via the shopping cart was purchased and they can prove it was never sent yadda yadda yadda...

Also note, their free 5$, requires you to put 250$ in a paypal acount to aquire it ;), kinda silly....

I dont like how paypal takes money from my bank acount, and not from the money I have in paypal, when I send money to ppl... it should let you pick wich one (I've looked all over for the option but cant find it or its labeled differently), so far as I can tell the money you put in paypal is only for incomeing funds... but that does earn interest, but they did gip me on intrest, they claim X% but when you get it they move the decimal point to the left one space... their calculation code is messed up or someting, so you get .10$ when you should get 1.00$ ... Although they did increase the % recently so maybe they fixed it at the same time.

And that ebay system... I avoid that like the plague... I wont sell anything on ebay I guess, cuz you basicly HAVE to set it up to get to the sell screen... they should let u pay for auction fees via paypal hehe.... oh well.

HKS117 2002.01.30 05:33 PM

I just spoke to a friend of mine who sells alot of stuff on Ebay aparently I just got a guy who is a little picky.As it was explained to me that once I make payment through any of those online verification companies my money is garunteed by them therefore there is no need to wait til the money enters the bank account.

I just happened to get someone like that.Oh well.

mini-z 2002.01.30 08:03 PM

HKS117, once the money has been sent it's available instantly so this guy is misleading you. Just because he hasn't transferred it to his own bank account from there - that's not your problem, he has your money and what he does with it afterwards is nothing to do with you.

Drac:
Quote:

I dont like how paypal takes money from my bank acount, and not from the money I have in paypal, when I send money to ppl... it should let you pick wich one (I've looked all over for the option but cant find it or its labeled differently),
When you're sending a payment, there is a choice of where the funds come from, and the default is from your PayPal acct, and then you can choose a CC or Bank Acct if you want. It sounds like you just didn't see the option, I can do a screen cap if you like. IMO PayPal is a great system. I have a huge amount of experience with credit card processing systems and PayPal is one of the best for small business and individual use.

HKS117 2002.01.31 12:23 AM

Thanks Mini-Z.
He lives a little far away but if my stuff isn't here soon maybe I'll pay him a little visit.