Mini-ZRacer.com Forums

Mini-ZRacer.com Forums (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bodies (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Autoscale Studio (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38672)

optimaforever 2013.03.21 10:08 AM

MZG39WS Wild Speed 2 / 2 Fast 2 Furious Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII
 
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-5PS2vo2yNe...G39WS-3306.jpg
Not my favourite Lan Evo, but a rarity nonetheless.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--QXMmWk3Ys...G39WS-3318.jpg
The color is complex; not really yellow , but rather a neon green with metallic flakes.

optimaforever 2013.03.23 02:30 PM

MZG11BL Nissan Skyline KPGC10 2000 GT-R blue
 
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-r06xrAAd7o...G11BL-3444.jpg
Here's a little present for herman :D

optimaforever 2013.03.23 02:32 PM

MZC16SR Lancia Stratos 1978 Sanremo No.4
 
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vl4nBbwj9g...C16SR-3302.jpg
And the Stratos Sanremo 78, very rare these days...

herman 2013.03.23 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by optimaforever (Post 443828)
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-r06xrAAd7o...G11BL-3444.jpg
Here's a little present for herman :D

thanks very mucho!!! this was my first ever mini-z! thanks for posting the pic here and on your site… love the history behind it too! :D

i think this is the first "detailed" autoscale that was offered by Kyosho, since the other bodies being offered at the time (over here) were the subaru, skyline, and the lancer evo, which had to be assembled and decorated with stickers... wondering if anybody can confirm this…

ps - fyi posted reply on DIY lm chassis thread

optimaforever 2013.03.24 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herman
i think this is the first "detailed" autoscale that was offered by Kyosho, since the other bodies being offered at the time (over here) were the subaru, skyline, and the lancer evo, which had to be assembled and decorated with stickers... wondering if anybody can confirm this…

I don't know if this was the first one but I can confirm that the first batch of readyset had to be assembled (skyline r34, impreza 22b sti, lan evo vi, etc. were sold exactly like non deco bodies with the exception that the body wasn't white but silver, yellow, red, etc. coloured plastic)

optimaforever 2013.03.24 05:20 AM

MZP420SL CITROËN DS3 WRC 2011 No.1 Loeb
 
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-liyZjhlKpl...420SL-3396.jpg
A long anticipated body, the DS3 WRC 2011 Loeb-Elena.
Very high craftsmanship.
One of the most beautiful Autoscales for sure! and one of the most expensive so far :D

arch2b 2013.03.24 08:07 AM

this is a scan from a first series brown box ready set (2000) advertising the original autoscale lineup at the time. these were all the sticker deco autoscales. so far i have 3 images from very early readyset boxes. you may be happy to see these included product numbers ;)

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery...wn_Box_RTR.jpg

over the years i've tried so gather advertising information for posterity however haven't gotten the participation that i had anticipated :( if anyone has scanned images of advertising, images of packaging, please upload them to this gallery. kyosho has left it up to consumers like us to document this product line.

optimaforever 2013.03.24 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arch2b
over the years i've tried so gather advertising information for posterity however haven't gotten the participation that i had anticipated :( if anyone has scanned images of advertising, images of packaging, please upload them to this gallery. kyosho has left it up to consumers like us to document this product line.

The Kyosho ads department never has been very keen on vintage stuff. Their job is to sell, not to make old guys happy :rolleyes:
I guess the best place to get these kind of infos are personal blogs :D
I have a white impreza which is exactly like on those brochures. no decals but adhesive seals for the front grill, which made me at first suspicious it was an iwaver or firelap thing. :p
What's interesting here is that even with the very first lineup, there are different batches. My grey and blue skylines aren't similar to the early documentations, but more in line with the later Autoscales (I mean, the details are made by the mould, not adhesives).

arch2b 2013.03.24 08:53 AM

good to mention iwaver, there are clones of the early stuff out there so you have to have a good eye to catch them. it is much easier to catch the later stuff as they moved to a single shell product vs. shell and kit. they also had odd color options that Kyosho did not offer.

mongo 2013.03.24 09:43 AM

Optimaforever,

This thread is amazing. The photography alone is great from a macro perspective. But the subject matter of course makes me drool with envy. It is like an online museum seeing these.

optimaforever 2013.03.25 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arch2b (Post 443861)
good to mention iwaver, there are clones of the early stuff out there so you have to have a good eye to catch them. it is much easier to catch the later stuff as they moved to a single shell product vs. shell and kit. they also had odd color options that Kyosho did not offer.

Like all the McLaren F1 and the Lan Evo VI...?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mongo (Post 443863)
Optimaforever,
This thread is amazing. The photography alone is great from a macro perspective. But the subject matter of course makes me drool with envy. It is like an online museum seeing these.

Thanks a lot for these kind words :)

optimaforever 2013.03.25 03:34 AM

MZG208MB Ferrari 612 Scaglietti metallic blue (Blu Mirabeau)
 
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-d0Jh-_eC7H...208MB-3476.jpg
the 3rd Ferrari published so far. If you check the Kyosho website, there are 6 pages of just Ferrari Autoscales... the way is still loooooooong!

optimaforever 2013.03.26 11:34 AM

MZC27WRC Mitsubishi Lancer WRC (Evolution VII)
 
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-xWqE9fdaFY...27WRC-3397.jpg
The rarest Lan Evo, the WRC. never rereleased, so difficult to find... and I never have seen a pic of it with foglights neither.

kyoshosan 2013.03.26 02:07 PM

Looks Awesome!

optimaforever 2013.03.26 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyoshosan (Post 443952)
Looks Awesome!

Thanks Alex! :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2011 Mini-ZRacer.com