Mini-ZRacer.com Forums

Mini-ZRacer.com Forums (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Washington DC Area GTG, MD/VA/DC (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   June 29th, 2019 - Kyosho Stock and MOD Classes (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41508)

arch2b 2019.04.06 03:38 PM

June 29th, 2019 - Kyosho Stock and MOD Classes

June 29th, 2019 - Kyosho Stock and MOD Classes

This will be held at Hobby Works, Laurel.

arch2b 2019.06.26 05:19 PM

Reminder we will start times races this weekend!

arch2b 2019.06.28 06:36 AM

We will start timed races this weekend! Starting off with Kyosho Stock class and MOD class. Setup will start at 10am, qualifying will start between noon-1pm. If you want or need practice, please be sure to arrive in time to do so as will need move efficiently to get through both classes.

We typically have 1-2 hours between classes for additional practice.

As a reminder, the club will provide access to a soldering station and tire truer. I have these tools for the community to share, just ask if you need them.

mugler 2019.06.28 06:09 PM

Sounds like this race will follow Kyosho Cup rules, if true I'd be interested to hear a feedback should anyone at the race use this combo >> MZW309 MJ Aluminum Motor Mount + MZW310 Inner Tube Roll Shock Set(for MZW309).

Thanks and good time wishes to all racers at this event.

arch2b 2019.07.01 06:38 AM

Well, turned more into another test, tune and demonstration day due to limited numbers. We had more demonstrations and new interested drivers show than club member!

I’ve further refined the pick up area of the bridge using sensor visors of black plastic. It sill doesn’t block errant signals from transponders that are angled from adjacent lanes, such as when a car gets hit and upsets the angle of the car but this can be solved with the Signals Defense film.
I tested pickup consistency with all of my transponders and they all pick up well. The larger transponders with the button have a much stronger signal. The smaller red transponders all worked fine. Ganesh has two of the larger size blue transponders and they were not picking up consistently. I did notice both of his cars with this issue are brushless and we’ve noticed this more often than not occurs with brushless cars and can’t help but wonder what the correlation may be? Are they more susceptible to voltage drop at the ICS port?

It also doesn’t help that after installing the new printer on the laptop, half the GUI on ZRound simply didn’t show up. The driver registration screen in Championship manager for example was missing all the tools on the right side of the interface.

To some extent, these kinds of things are anticipated in getting any place setup and have come to expect a certain level of bugs to work out which is why we had these two dates in June thanks to Hobby Works. I’m looking to source a new track PC to further eliminate working with an old laptop from the equation. If anyone has a good deal (cheap) on a small form factor Windows 10 PC that support multiple video outputs shoot me a message.

As for the track, my box stock R8 with Kyosho 20/30 tires was driving very well. I was easily overtaken on raw speed but able to gain ground again in the tight turns. We had numerous long sessions of simply following one another that was very enjoyable and a lot of fun. Especially when running 3 abreast in some sections and seeing who was going to get pinched out in a turn:p.
I went so far as to change my ASF stock R8 back to MM and it ran better than MM2. I attribute this more to something in my car than anything with the MM2 in particular as the MM2 showed improvement over MM at Fairfax Hobby Works.

Jesse is supposed to be ordering transponders for the store to restock. Please note, these come with the wrong terminals that will need to be switched over to ICS or ring terminals. The store has staff with the skills to do so it you do not feel comfortable doing so. I will leave a stash of the pre-wired ICS port cables at the store. Hopefully the restock of tires will arrive soon. I requested the standard Kyosho 20/30 radials. PN restock will follow the Kyosho restock. All the RWD readysets are selling through quickly. If there is a specific one you want, please request it from Jesse. He was able to obtain the FWD Civic RTR I requested quickly.

On a side note, if there is anyone looking for or needing FHSS or FHS boards, please let me know. I have a couple as a result of upgrading past cars that I’m happy to see go to someone who can use them.

TheRinger 2019.07.03 09:11 PM

I’m glad to see that the club is back up and rolling again with hobbyworks. I miss running with you guys but life has taken an unexpected turn and I don’t have time for nothing anymore. My gear is in the closet downstairs and my track is packed away in the shed. I probably have enough room to maybe set up a mini 96 but I’ve been so busy that I haven’t gotten everything packed up put away still. I’ve been working night shift Tuesday through Saturday 3pm to 11:30pm so I really don’t have time for much of everything. This is the longest break I have had from mini zs ever and I do miss it. I would like to consider myself down but not out. Well enough of my drama, I hope everyone is doing well and keep on racing.

arch2b 2019.07.04 05:02 PM

Very glad to hear from you! You are indeed dearly missed. :p You will always have a seat at a table and anything needed my friend, any time you can make it. I know all to well how life can get in the way. I changed jobs myself this past November and still working to get my feet back under me at the new digs.