Mini-ZRacer.com Forums

Mini-ZRacer.com Forums (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Washington DC Area GTG, MD/VA/DC (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   September 28, 2019 - Kyosho Stock + MOD Classes (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41514)

arch2b 2019.04.06 05:03 PM

September 28, 2019 - Kyosho Stock + MOD Classes

September 28, 2019 - Kyosho Stock + MOD Classes

This will be held at Hobby Works in Laurel, Maryland

arch2b 2019.09.23 08:04 AM

Reminder for Kyosho stock and modified this weekend! Kyosho only chassis for stock... We tend to get loose with calling HFAY stock when HFAY is all other options permitted where as Stock is not.

Track selection will be HFAY track for October so that we can get some practice time in. Our typical schedule will be to run next monthís HFAY track for Stock and Modified for practice for 2nd Saturday of the month HFAY date. Depending on how many people we have and or level of interest, we will run HFAY and HFAY Modified on same day and can mix classes if need be. The alternative is to double up on everything running CW and CCW in HFAY class then do it all again for HFAY modified. This seems less desirable as most donít want to sit through the entire day if only running one class or the other. I will do my best to sort between 70T and Modified so that mixing is minimized. We have to split them up to some degree anyway since one driver cannot run two cars in a single main.
http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/HFAY/2...8_printing.jpg

Remember, were all here to have a good time:p.

As usual, if you have specific requests for restock, please make sure to leave a note for Jesse or email him the request. All requests should provide the part number to avoid any confusion or mistakes.

Please remember, Murdertown in DE is not to far away and running once a month and a very good opportunity to participate in similar style club racing on a much larger scale track. Due to being midway, you get to run with guys from NJ/NY, MD and VA. Murdertown is a club like us so all skill levels represented from top to bottom.

byebye 2019.09.24 06:31 PM

Can you post up an updated version of the stock rules Ray? I'm curious to know if you can run the EVO chassis with stock motor?

Kris

GIHOSU 2019.09.24 07:12 PM

I am curious about EVO inclusion since EMU hooked me up with a board and some parts to make it all work.

Thank you very much for the Murdertown plug, every little bit helps. I hope to see some new faces and cars on my track on 10/18.

arch2b 2019.09.24 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by byebye (Post 470049)
Can you post up an updated version of the stock rules Ray? I'm curious to know if you can run the EVO chassis with stock motor?

Kris

Current rules are HERE.

At this point, we do not exclude the EVO board as it was unknown how it would perform at the time. At the moment, my stock car has an EVO board but white end bell stock motor. I'm more inclined to limit to kyosho stock motor for stock class. Keep in mind we are running on HFAY sized tracks and Modified lipo cars are not significantly farther ahead than the AAA cars on these small tracks.

arch2b 2019.09.24 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GIHOSU (Post 470050)
I am curious about EVO inclusion since EMU hooked me up with a board and some parts to make it all work.

Thank you very much for the Murdertown plug, every little bit helps. I hope to see some new faces and cars on my track on 10/18.

Happy to help any way I can :) I hope to be there next month. Too much racing in September for me :eek: I've got to keep the happy balance well, happy. :p

arch2b 2019.09.29 01:41 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Kyosho Stock Class Race Results!

arch2b 2019.09.29 01:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
MOD Class Race Results!

byebye 2019.09.29 08:39 PM

Good times as usual. I think I ended up with a dead cell in Stock class unfortunately. I was able to make up the loss in Mod so I'm happy with that.

I have way to many cars to choose from for mod it seems. I need to separate my Richmond cars from my DC/Remnant cars.

Kris

arch2b 2019.09.30 08:09 AM

I found (again) the white end bell motor, as we learned back in Hobby Works Fairfax, isnít meant for 10 minute races:eek: after about 8 minutes it just falls flat. The last two minutes i was full throttle nearly the entire time. I had taken out my 70T for the NC race and never got around to putting it back. Iíll need to make sure I do that next time.

Apologies to those that had to run Kyosho Stock C Main twice. I do not know how to add racer into ZRound and into mains once quals have been completed. I can easily add them to quals but not sure how to just assign to a Main.

Sorry to Mike for the constant barrage to his AWD...:(. AWD takes a different line and got tricky trying to pass when traffic doesnít take outside line and well, I tangled with his car more than I should have.

It was nice to get practice on this layout ahead of next race HFAY date. I really do like this layout as it has a nice flow for me making it very easy to get into a rhythm, trouble is staying off the walls...especially with the ZR1.

arch2b 2019.10.02 07:40 PM

Race video!

Modified Class
A Main
B Main

Kyosho Stock Class
A Main
B Main
C Main
Lost Race (C Main)

byebye 2019.10.02 10:37 PM

Good stuff. Thanks for recording. Good to analyze the race a bit. I had a terrible start in A-Main lol.

Kris