Mini-ZRacer.com Forums

Mini-ZRacer.com Forums (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Washington DC Area GTG, MD/VA/DC (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   July 29, 2006 GTG (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22339)

arch2b 2006.07.16 08:22 PM

July 29, 2006 GTG

According to our new format, which i think worked very well, we will be racing the following:

DC Spec Class
DC Open Class
DC F1 Class

i'll have to dig up the qualifying setup but this should run well considering we got 3 races done last gtg even with the long core debacle and left plenty of time for some fun outside.

Spoon obviously will not be at this gtg due to his trip to Mini-Z Motherland :p we wish him al lthe luck and ofcourse are very jealous. give'em hell over there is you get a chance to race!

i should have my open car dialed in by this time. i swapped out the 8 deg front tires for gpm 30's. this gives me more understeer which i needed. i just need to get the tweak out and resolve the spinning to left and i think i'll be set.

my spec car is running nicely. i have to give ccson props for finding the atomic standard motor. this runs very well and it should be very interesting to see what we can all do when running the same motor and the freedom to change anything else.

f1, still haev not gotten this figured out. i still have the spinning to one side. i don't think i will be very competitive in this class till this is resolved but it should be a hell of a race anyhow.

i should have my awd nice and blinged up for this gtg as well.

soyverde/bill, i emailed the ebay guy about the carisma f1's. i'll let you know if i get a promising reply.

i still won't have the upgrade motor for the half eight. it's low on the priority list as it's all for fun until kenontap and chuckyluv get a dirt track done. i might, just might have the half eight jdsf by then. crossing my fingers ;)

arch2b 2006.07.17 12:53 PM

construction in the basement should be starting in less than a month.... i will have to coordinate track and computer setup accordingly. there won't be anything down there but tables, chairsm the track and laptop hopefully, in that area. if it's not available, i will have to see what i can do about having it at 'the track' or if there will be any space in the garage. trouble there is, it will get hot unless i can find a window unit to use for the day.

Spoon 2006.07.17 01:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the guidelines for the Mega Series. All of the qualifiers are different so it's probably worht taking a second look. Actually, I meant to print them out and bring them to the GTG so everyone could get familiar with them.

I would like to see how the F1 "fastest lap" quals work out!

arch2b 2006.07.18 09:43 AM

will you be tracking results for each cllass entered for each driver? i wonder if core would allow plugins for doing the scoring side of events? it would save soo much work/conversion if something could be done in core using the data it already produces. i'll have to post this in the core support section. i am sure there is someone with the necessary skills.

soyverde, can you email me directions for doing a clean uninstall? i want to totally wipe core off the system and try to new latest version but i've read you have to either totally clean existing versions off and or never have had run core before inorder to get the latest version to work correctly.

soyverde 2006.07.18 10:24 AM

arch: Without a copy of core, I'm afraid I can't really give you detailed instructions. James might be able to, though. The uninstall in your control panel should handle all but the registry settings, and I'm definitely not comfortable trying to direct you through those without a copy of core on XP in front of me (and I just gave away my only computer running XP). If you want, I should be able to make it to the next GTG pretty early, and we could try a clean uninstall/reinstall then. Also, I would suggest you reinstall the USB drivers on the Dell that is showing the blue screen of death when plugging in USB cables.

arch2b 2006.07.18 11:04 AM

i got a copy of the latest version (thanks brian). we can do it on the 29th.

i tried reloading usb drivers on the dell with the blue screen of death and it did not seem to help. i would contact dell but the warranty recently ran out naturally :rolleyes: i'm on my own for this one. i'll have to take it down during the buildout so it won't even be running for months so i'm in no hurry to tackle that one when i have the other rebuild to finish by the end of summer.

Spoon 2006.07.18 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arch2b
will you be tracking results for each cllass entered for each driver? i wonder if core would allow plugins for doing the scoring side of events? it would save soo much work/conversion if something could be done in core using the data it already produces. i'll have to post this in the core support section. i am sure there is someone with the necessary skills.

I can do it by hand without too much trouble. I already have a spreadsheet setup to keep track of the points. It would be nice if Core had a "Race Series" mode. I think I have seen something for timing running races or MTB races somewhere that might do it. If not I might be able to put something together in Java, but with all of the time it would take to build and debug, it's easier to do it by hand. At least with 4-8 drivers it's easier.

Maybe I'll see what I can do.

arch2b 2006.07.19 07:27 PM

i got my new parts today! already replaced the hfay car wheels with the chrome atomic dish wheels.

i'll try to get to the pan car parts install by the end of the week and have the awd blinged out by the end of the weekend.

i will also have the half eight jdsf before the 29th as well provided the shop receives them on time.

no word on carisma's yet. chuckyluv said there was a local maryland shop selling them....

arch2b 2006.07.24 01:06 PM

be sure to bring your awd cars if you have one.

my new half eight is shipping today!

the atomic wheel lights are certainly cool looking however they seem to be very fragile so becareful if you buy them. of the 2 packs i got i only have 1 working. i think i bet or busted the others in just handling them.

arch2b 2006.07.24 08:46 PM

do you guys know which thread had the dc gtg track images? i need to set these up in core and put them in an order to follow for season 2.

your overland is here and waiting for you james. i emailed you with a list of required and suggested parts.

Spoon 2006.07.25 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arch2b
do you guys know which thread had the dc gtg track images? i need to set these up in core and put them in an order to follow for season 2.

your overland is here and waiting for you james. i emailed you with a list of required and suggested parts.

Here's the tracks

http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=22030

I should have some parts ready for the OL by the time I am back in DC. Thanks for taking care of that.

I aam bummed that I am missing the first mega series race. Keep it real guys. I'll have some new stuff for the next gtg ;)

arch2b 2006.07.25 12:48 PM

thanks spoon!

this is the track we will be running this saturday
http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/arch2b-1.jpg

arch2b 2006.07.26 12:08 PM

do anyo of you guys know anyone looking for a well cared for f1? i need to sell mine in preperation for getting one of the new ones and essentially starting over with the f1.

soyverde 2006.07.26 05:39 PM

Well, I know Bill is looking for one, though he does have the track on the way. Any reason why you want one of the new ones? Are there more improvements than the 3010 FETs (yours already has upgraded FETs, right)?

arch2b 2006.07.26 06:48 PM

i would like to start over basically. i'll be selling mine as is, everyting it has on it. i've been wanting the ferrari for a long time as well. i have a set of gold square f1 wheels just sitting in my wish list waiting for the chance to use them. i no longer recall what fets my f1 has :confused:
i plan on selling my hfay car as soon as the new mr-02 comes out as well.

that track was a great deal for bill :)