Mini-ZRacer.com Forums

Mini-ZRacer.com Forums (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/index.php)
-   NCRC Racing, Laurel MD (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   2009 ALS Charity Race (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32267)

ncrcracing 2009.07.29 12:07 PM

2009 ALS Charity Race

EVERYONE,

Back from the dark shadows of the global economy a light emerges...

Just a quick note that we are begining the planning for this year's event. I know the economy will be turned around by October so I expect the usual list of insane prizes.

Venue may change but track will remain huge (unless you are a weak 1/18th scale driver).:D

-Russ

imxlr8ed 2009.07.29 12:36 PM

Wow... I can finally call my stock broker and let him know to get busy!

j/k

See you there, as I'm sure everyone who has attended once, will more than likely be there again! (how could they not!)

If you are reading this thread and have not attended this awesome event for an incredible cause... and you're a MiniZer within driving distance, there's probably something really wrong with you and you should seek psychiatric attention very soon! ;)

hrdrvr 2009.07.29 01:19 PM

I hope its not October 10th! I tried to drop you a PM a while back to try and make sure I didnt step on your date, but scheduled our enduro for the 10th after not hearing from you. If it can slide two weeks later than that, Im sure we can drag some MB guys up there :D

k_bojar 2009.07.29 10:05 PM

Glad to hear you're doing this event again this year...I'm going to do my best to make it out and bring along a 'couple' of friends

I'm soo bummed I missed this race last year - it was a shame there was another 'big' race going on at Mimi's that same weekend:rolleyes:

cosmicsoul 2009.08.01 08:13 PM

Hope it is not October 10th!

Hey Russ,

I hope the event is towards the end of the month! I had a great time last year it was definately an awesome event. Since the event my wife has actually become involved an ALS walk in my area. Thought you might like to know that this is direct result of my attandence at your event.

Anyway hopefully the stars will be aligned correctly and I will be able to attend.

Jay

ncrcracing 2009.08.07 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmicsoul (Post 356102)
Hey Russ,

I hope the event is towards the end of the month! I had a great time last year it was definately an awesome event. Since the event my wife has actually become involved an ALS walk in my area. Thought you might like to know that this is direct result of my attandence at your event.

Anyway hopefully the stars will be aligned correctly and I will be able to attend.

Jay

Jay,
This is amazing to hear about your wife. Please tell her thanks for supporting the cause so much.

EVERYONE,
The date is looking more like Oct 17 or 24 for our own purposes in scheduling/organization. The gear shift trophies along with some other prizes will be arriving next week! I am getting pscyhed!!:D

-Russ

arch2b 2009.08.07 01:03 PM

russ,
let me know if there is anything dc gtg can do to help.

if you have a flyer, i can get this into some store for example.

Daddy Rabbit 2009.08.10 01:06 PM

I have heard about this event in the past, and it sounds like a lot of fun.
I too hope that it will be Oct 24th and we will bring some of the other
MBMZR er's.

chad508 2009.08.10 01:39 PM

count me in for oct 24th if thats going to be the date. the 17th may be alittle close to our enduro. hopefully it will work out

Ed Roberts 2009.08.10 01:50 PM

I will be there, would love to run 2wd mod, pan mod, or pan stock.

Thanks,

Daddy Rabbit 2009.08.11 11:03 AM

Is there an address for this event?

k_bojar 2009.08.11 08:24 PM

any ideas for classes yet?? :)

ncrcracing 2009.08.13 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daddy Rabbit (Post 356937)
Is there an address for this event?

There are two options we are considering.

1. Previous location at Bowles Fluidics Corp, 6625 Dobbin Rd, Columbia, MD 21045

2. New location at Ark and Dove Presbyterian Church, Piney Orchard Pkwy, Odenton, MD 21113

The #1 is given, but #2 facility will be much better for everyone involved so long as we can confirm power supply for all the chargers. I am hoping #2 works out becuase it will continue to raise the bar for the event.

We will finalize it next week and send out registration fliers.

-Russ

ncrcracing 2009.08.13 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k_bojar (Post 356993)
any ideas for classes yet?? :)

As before:
  • Mini-Z Stock (50T motor – Xspeed allowed, 3010 PCB, 2.4Ghz, no FETs)
  • Mini-Z Mod (ANYTHING goes incl PAN cars, but no LiPos, if you can drive it, good luck!)
  • Mini-Z F1 ((50T motor – Xspeed allowed, 3010 PCB, no FETs, etc)
  • Mini-Z AWD (ANYTHING goes, but no LiPos)
  • 1/18th STOCK (5 cells, 180 motor, HPI, Xray or Orion motors only)

No LiPo batteries allowed – Sorry, only 4xAAA cars

Rubber and foam tires allowed (NO TRACTION COMPOUND).

Track Open for practice – Friday Night 5pm to 9pm - I AM TRYING TO GET A MUSIC CONCERT AFTER PRACTICE FOR ALL THOSE ATTENDING OR WISHING TO BRING FRIENDS.

Track Opens at 8am – Registration Closes at 9am – First Race at 10am
3 heats (5 mins) and Mains (8 mins)

Trophies awarded to top three in each category

Race Organizers reserve the right to combine or eliminate categories or
reduce qualification to 2 heats if time prohibits 3 heats.

mleemor60 2009.08.13 10:23 AM

No 2.4 in F-1? Speedy 07 is 52 turn correct?