Mini-ZRacer.com Forums

Mini-ZRacer.com Forums (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Feedback (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Mini-ZRacer.com v2.0 (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4441)

mini-z 2002.09.14 11:16 PM

Mini-ZRacer.com v2.0

We're working on some new features for the site, Shop, etc. - your feedback is valuable, please post any ideas, requests, feedback to this thread and we'll see what we can do! :)

jeffrey 2002.09.15 01:34 AM

A little section in the shop for NML and DRAC showwing what's for sale!

A section for our 50' dash times!

Slonik 2002.09.15 02:55 AM

Some more skins would be nice too...this gloomy black one is getting old.

le-manz 2002.09.15 04:26 AM

a rookie FAQ section.

how to install turbo, where does the batteries go, why does my finger smell etc etc:D :D

Ox1de 2002.09.15 03:58 PM

A Chatroom and a how to do page would be nice.O and umm maybe like a track database for all the tracks and locations and stuff that would be cool.

ultrawide 2002.09.15 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by le-manz
a rookie FAQ section.

how to install turbo, where does the batteries go, why does my finger smell etc etc:D :D

yepp! a FAQ would be nice

//uw

Slonik 2002.09.15 08:29 PM

also maybe like a "ask an expert thingy" where there will be questions for all the mini z pros. Like if its a motor question it'll go to like Draconiuos or NML or something.

mini-z 2002.09.15 10:19 PM

Cool, many of these are already in the works - keep it coming guys!

herman 2002.09.16 02:28 AM

hmm they all sound like good points... i'd like to see an all tips only page (tried and tested tips that is) - (hmm this probably sounds like a begginers faq page, but anyway... here goes...) it could have the following sub categories:
- electronics, motors, turbo's, etc.
- wheels, tires, suspension, handling and steering
- bodies (decal tips, painting tips, customizing tips - model kits
other than kyosho autoscale cars)
- msc, etc., etc. ...
this will hopefully eradicate multiple questions being asked over and over, and over, and over again.... not that we don't like to answer them over and over and over.... but it would at least be up and available for everybody to see...

maybe a parts up for review section (ala westf1) would be in order...

a picture gallery featuring thumbnails of member's cars...

a tracks list section showing track info, contact numbers, stuff like that..

in addition to "view new posts" add "view your posts" that way you can look at your posts that you've answered or awaiting answers...

a new color for the background would also be pleasing... something soothing to the eyes please...

how about this... "what my car would look like with those wheels?" page... it would be an interactive thing... i know it would be a bit of a hassle but... i guess it would be quite satisfying.... here's how it's supposed to work...

pic(or click) on a car, pic (or click) on a car color, then pic (or click) your rim selection.... finaly a picture of the car with the corresponding rims comes out revolving 360* (ala tripmate's mid 24 - chasis pic) to give you a quite interesting view of the car all around.... , right side view, front view, left side view, rear view... (whaddya think?) i know it's kinda pain to do since there are a lot of bodies and rim combinations... but i guess it'll be fun to do... and see if and when it's finally finished...

hmm... these are the ideas that i have at the moment... anybody else?

Draconious 2002.09.16 02:52 AM

The IRC/JAVA chat room page ;) -- I can do the page in like 2 minutes... if U have a template to add it to.

herman 2002.09.16 03:06 AM

yeah a chat room... and maybe accepting payment through credit card??? or other options since our country doesn't have any paypal...

jeffrey 2002.09.16 03:14 AM

off topic:
drac do you have your magnets yet?

NOMOTORLIMIT 2002.09.16 06:11 PM

In case someone hasn't mentioned:

Here are my suggestions:

Have a permanent page for FAQ's (which include basics to advance topics) and How To's (brews, modifications) . This will save time and bandwidth because the same questions won't be asked over and over again.

Chat room would be great!

Draconious 2002.09.16 06:33 PM

Soon.... (too off topic here)

A faq is good but no matter how good it is, the questions will still be asked ;)

herman 2002.09.16 10:22 PM

hmm... why not have an interactive faq page? type in a question, and it'll show possible answers, and discussions/threads etc... that might be related to thier question... if all esle fails...

"your question will be posted and will be answered by a pannel of experts... you will be contacted via e-mail for your answer. thank you and have a nice day."

:rolleyes: :confused: