Mini-ZRacer.com Forums

Mini-ZRacer.com Forums (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tom Thumb Hobbies, Columbus OH (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   TOM THUMB - Fall Season (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15126)

echoshill 2004.09.16 11:56 AM

TOM THUMB - Fall Season

Thought I would start a new Thumb Thread since we ran out of room on the last.

Nothing to add at this time.

Twenty-Se7en 2004.09.16 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echoshill
Thought I would start a new Thumb Thread since we ran out of room on the last.

Nothing to add at this time.

ran out of room?? That can happen? I've seen 1000+ posts, were there that many?

Twenty-Se7en 2004.09.16 12:17 PM

Oops, couldn't edit. I meant to let you know, because you didn't post there... that in the TRACKS section of the forums there is a whole section dedicated to the Tom Thumb Hobbies... this thread should probably be moved there or removed.

edit: oh yeah, now I can edit :rolleyes:

echoshill 2004.09.20 03:03 PM

No, not a thousand posts. Just felt like (6) pages was getting to be a bit much.

I started the last one to discuss F1 at the Thumb. We can move this if it is buggin people.

My bad

mini-z 2004.09.22 09:53 AM

FYI, you have your own Tom Thumb section here:

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48

;) :)

BatesJM 2004.09.22 01:44 PM

still runnin on wed or did you guys finally switch to sat?

Tom Thumb Hobby 2004.09.22 11:04 PM

Still Wednesday. We might throw in a Saturday or 2. Next Wednesday (9/29) is the trophy presentation for the Summer Series '04. There will also be a race. Time permitting we will also have some discusssion on scheduling and rules. Hope you can make it. BTW - we just received some of the McClarens. THEY ARE SWEET !!

arch2b 2004.09.23 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Thumb Hobby
Still Wednesday. We might throw in a Saturday or 2. Next Wednesday (9/29) is the trophy presentation for the Summer Series '04. There will also be a race. Time permitting we will also have some discusssion on scheduling and rules. Hope you can make it. BTW - we just received some of the McClarens. THEY ARE SWEET !!

i have to say it's nice to see shop owners takign advantage of the forum to reach member's. do you have any thoughts for encouraging other shops to join and use the section as well?

it would be nice i think to have a section for jsut shop owners chat especially around cup time as i'm sure there are alot of shared experiences :p

echoshill 2004.09.23 06:19 AM

Summer Results

Thumb,

Are you going to post the final results for the summer session? I am curious where I ended up.

E

The Holy Bull 2004.09.23 11:13 AM

just the ready sets or did you get some bodies also. I want to switch my lambo to the mclaren.

Twenty-Se7en 2004.09.23 12:30 PM

I think that the problem with promoting the forums at a shop that is personally owned is that there is no way to complete with the prices here on at the shop. Now, if you know that there are people in your area that already are online here then I can see a real advantage to drag people to your store, and I know myself that walking into a hobby store there is that real impulse to buy yourself something shiny :)

arch2b 2004.09.23 12:33 PM

i was referring more to the use of the forums, not promoting either shop.... for instance, they could post website updates, race schedules, gallery space, etc. etc.

Twenty-Se7en 2004.09.23 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arch2b
i was referring more to the use of the forums, not promoting either shop.... for instance, they could post website updates, race schedules, gallery space, etc. etc.

Yeah, that is a good idea.
What I don't understand is how you can run a hobby shop with races and such these days without a website. It makes things so much more difficult.

West.F1 2004.09.28 07:07 AM

Quote:

Are you going to post the final results for the summer session? I am curious where I ended up
good question. It was a very close points battle between john and latency in the mr02 class. i'd like to know how that turned out.

Mike, what's the story?

Tom Thumb Hobby 2004.09.28 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by West.F1
good question. It was a very close points battle between john and latency in the mr02 class. i'd like to know how that turned out.

Mike, what's the story?

Most of the podium spots were hotly contested. There was at least one tie. My intention was to post the results last week but I was side tracked with family duties (ie my daughters Marching Band competitions). So, I have decided to let the suspence build until Weds. night :D :D For those who couldn't attend, I will email the final results after the awards presentation.