View Single Post
Old 2010.05.13, 07:53 AM   #8
pinwc4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIANMIDNITE View Post
Ever since installing 045 I get the above box appearing..... if I click "OK" the programme loads. I then have to re establish connection with core... All my database of racers is shown in the edit racers screen but when I try to edit... a lot of information is missing under "Race Car Specific Information" apart from make & model. I can still scan to "create a new racer" but not include "Race Car Specific Information" apart from make & model. I can run any race from my "race profiles" but in silence no sounds at all.
However........if I "copy & paste" preferences from 043 across to 045 before openning 045 everything works correctly..... but......... after closing the programme down when I come to open up again I'm back to "Exception error occured while reading he preferences".
I've been down the fresh install route (zipped download) loads of times but always have to resort to my "copy & paste" routine. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong!!!!
Can you send me the theme.xml, preferences.xml, raceparts.xml and language.xml files from your program folder. Also if you have pointed your translation to a different file send me that (it is the setting on the general config page, by default it is just set to language.xml though). Something is broken in one of those xml files and I should be able to figure out what entry is. It is possible that the program is writing a bad entry to one of those files I will be able to figure more out when I look at the files. Or if you have manually edited one of those files you could have formatted the entry wrong. raceparts.xml is the most common file people edit themselves.

My email address is my username here @flipsidehobbies.com
pinwc4 is offline   Reply With Quote