View Single Post
Old 2019.10.05, 12:14 PM   #29
SuperFly
bitPimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
No, bluetooth does not work with EVO yet. Thus my inquiry about cheap Fire HD tablet working with the Kyosho ICS software. Would need a micro-b adapter for the USB port as well.
Sorry for my misleading answer, I thought the question was more generally whether the Kindle could run the various ICS mini-z apps, not the EVO specifically. I know, thread title.

I did end up getting the dasmikro cable, but I can't get it to work. Is there a driver that needs to be installed in addition to running the app? I'm not a Windows guy, but I think my problem is identifying the device and assigning it to a COM port. When I run the app, it will say it's reading the settings but just hangs and kind of locks up. ugh. Windows 8.1. Pretty sure it's that I need to install that KO driver, but can't seem to make that happen.

My EVO combined with an EX6R has seemingly zero deadband between forward and reverse, and no brake in between. Like letting off the throttle sometimes sends the car into reverse.

edit: as a mac user, let me put this here for future bumblers like myself. You have to use Device Manager to manually install the Ko Propo drivers. You have to make sure the cable is plugged in correctly, and you have to turn the car on in pairing mode while plugged in.

mini-z gallery

PDX Mini-Z

Last edited by SuperFly; 2019.10.05 at 06:40 PM.
SuperFly is offline   Reply With Quote