View Single Post
Old 2010.03.25, 10:52 AM   #10
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwsmith29 View Post
But who determins if a motor been apart or looks to have been apart?
In the past I have put myself in he position to make the call. The fact that I know Im honest was good enough for me. Over the last few years though, Ive moved up the ranks, and generally race for some top finishes. I don't want to be the authority if some one else questions my winning motor, so recently Ive been appointing a capable person(s) at each event. Serrano did it for the last cup race, Tannie did the enduro, and Mike and Andy teamed up to take care of the PN race last year. Ive been taking it event by event, but if we can come up with some sort of a rules committee, or tech committee between the two groups, Im all for it. I think it would be extra good, as both groups would have representation regardless of the location of the event.

I dont think we need to have a meeting about the CCC races, just look over my rules and implement them Just kidding. I do think its obvious that we should be on the same page with the cup races as its a point series between the two groups. To take that a bit further, I look at you guys as an extension of our regular group of local racers. From this perspective it would be beneficial to both groups to come to some sort of uniformity of rules between them. I am majorly open minded in regards to rules, and as long as my opinion is heard, and it seems that the group makes the logical decision for the greater good of progressing our events/clubs, then Im game for pretty much anything.

FWIW, my goal in setting up rules is to make our group as competitive as it can be when our members travel to other tracks. By adopting this mindset that we are shooting for whatever the "norm" is nationally, I think we also make our events more appealing to other travelers. In the end though the fact of the matter is, MBMZR is the biggest supporter of MBMZR events. HSH is the biggest supporter of HSH events, and neither club needs to make rules that make club racing or localized events harder to police or less appealing to its locals. On the other hand, the more clubs who adopt these more generalized rules, the more likely they will be competitive outside of their clubs, and the more uniform rules at club level events will be.

Oh, and one more thing, could you describe the "motor claim rule" you keep referring to? I think Ive got an idea about what you are talking about, but have never really been exposed to anything like that.

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote