View Single Post
Old 2016.01.31, 07:54 PM   #2
Kevinmueller
Bavarian Bullet

I've had this kit installed on my Kyosho brushless MR03/VE PRO for a while now and it works very well on high speed corners/tracks. I run a PN 9500 Kv engine with NiMH batteries just to give you an idea of the speeds we run at MC3. With the new more grippy rubber compounds available on the market we found we needed to use harder suspension setups to reduce body roll through high speed turns. The problem we found with using harder T-plates is that they are not only stiffer laterally (side to side) but also vertically (up and down). The added vertical stiffness made the rear vibrate a lot and even with disk dampers and oil filled shocks the rear just couldn't absorb the bumps as well as it did with softer T-plates. So with this system the rear can still be soft vertically but stiffer laterally. We found that it keeps the rear tires in contact with the ground over bumps and allows you to take high speed corners with much more speed and confidence. It is easy to put on and take off and you can use it in conjunction with any T-plate. With my setup I use it with a Kyosho Medium T-plate. It is only designed for 98mm setups that use 94-98mm motor mounts. On slower tracks I remove it and with higher speed circuits I just slap it back on. When you put it on for the first time remember that the front mounting holes are slotted so they can slide forward and backward to align with the motor mount holes. It's best to secure it onto the motor mount first and then the front mounting holes second. I have a pic of it on my car attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo on 2016-01-31 at 20.21.jpg (78.5 KB, 56 views)
Kevinmueller is offline   Reply With Quote