View Single Post
Old 2010.11.23, 03:55 PM   #8
hrdrvr
MBMZR

First off, how did we end up with another race 4 thread? We have 3 now

I have to give out a big thanks to Jim and Vicki for letting the event take place at their fine establishment. Racing at HS is always a very personable experience, and all though at times some customers try and get in the way of the racing action, it is a very neat and different situation to race in. Every one is pitting all around the track, so its like we are all sitting together the whole time. The banter that goes on at these events is priceless, so keeping every one close makes it so every one has an equal opportunity for smack talk I love how Saint fell straight into the mix and dropped a couple of unexpected funny bombs too.

It was a pleasure to get to meet Saint, Gary Sr, and Jr. These guys were a perfect mesh to our group and could fit into the series nicely next year. We need to see if we can get these guys to stick around for some mains next time! I had some good runs with Gary Jr, and would have liked to had him in the battles in the mains.

Rodney, what can I say, you rocked it out!! I came in pretty hopeful, but you squashed my dreams pretty hard Messing with the PC I missed out on a lot of practice time (don't think I turned a single lap after the drivers meeting), and was down at the beginning of the day thinking it was costing me my shot at the title. In the end though, I couldn't have hung with you no matter how much practice/tune time I would have gotten. You really threw down the gauntlet, and you deserve the trophy for the event and the year. Congratulations!!

In GT2 I had my best qualifying run in the first round. Only 3 of us hit 27 that round, and I was sitting third. I never improved it, but it held up til the last round of qualifying when Eric bumped me to the top of the B. In the B I got to start on pole. I knew I had the car to win, but I knew there were 5 other cars capable of it too. The 8th place car in the field was less than a lap off of TQ, so the entire field was tight. I had a clean get away at the start and drove quite a few laps with James in tow, but within striking distance. On my second bobble I gave it up to James, but stayed right with him. As he and I traded positions and fended each other off, it let Wade move in on us. For a few laps in the middle of the race we had a three way battle going that was majorly intense. I'm pretty sure we all traded the lead off a few times. At one point Wade made a big mistake and let James and I by. I kept it smooth and built a little bit of a gap. Wade came back strong and as he started pressuring James for second, I got away scott free and stretched it to almost a lap lead. I ended up following them across, as they went through the gate together! In the A I started at the back. I'll tell you, this is the first time Ive won a Bump at HS, so it was my first time running a B then A back to back. It took me a few minutes to calm my nerves and get back on the drivers stand where the where 5 more capable cars waiting to try and win the race. As close as the field was, I know I had as much of a shot as any of the others. On the first lap I passed EMU and Matt on the wall, on the next two laps I passed Pedro, then Eric, also both on the wall. I found myself in second a couple of tics back to Rodney. At this point my car was good. I was feeling the groove from the B, my tires were already up to temperature (even tough we were only 3 laps in), and the field was just starting to settle in my favor. Rodney made one small mistake coming into the chicane, and let me get up to his bumper. I was holding my ground behind him trying to apply pressure without getting into the back of him. Our battle let the rest of the field quickly catch up. Coming to the hair pin at the center of the track Matt took a more aggressive line than me, and got inside. We touched, and in pan car fashion my Mosler made a slow roll over onto its roof After being marshalled I found myself in dead last again, with Rodney closer to my rear bumper than front. I knew I didn't have the pace to reel any one in, so I decided to settle into my own race, and see what could come of it form luck. I was following EMU form a couple of corners back when Pedro gave it up to both of us with a big hang up. Then as EMU approached Eric I moved in close. I don't remember what exactly happened, but next thing I knew I was in front of both of them! They battled behind me for a bit letting me build a gap. At this point I was convincing my self to keep racing conservative and hold onto third. Rodney had come around and was about to put me a lap down, and I Myssie was calling Matt down in the 8.2s and 8.1s, which I knew I had nothing for. I wanted to stay on the lead lap, but only held Rodney up for a few laps. While trying to run a more defensive line, I could see Eric then EMU coming up closer and close behind me. I let him go and settled into the groove again, but EMU was setting a blistering pace behind me. We traded positions through bobbles and mistakes a couple of times, but in the end I made two late mistakes which cost me the podium spot I ended up fourth, less than 2 clicks behind Eugene.

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote