View Single Post
Old 2018.12.10, 04:31 AM   #11
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
I may have been a little harsh on the asf/helios combo. It isn't bad, but back to back driving with the RWD a or a sanwa based 1/28 tablet makes the estimate difference noticeable. If I were to only drive with the helios, I would not feel disadvantaged. It is only when switching between radios, since the timing of how you drive the car changes.

When I drove with the helios after the red, I constantly turned in too late and often went wide for the first few laps, then adjusted. The setup of the RWD cars were all pretty similar, big McClaren, 8t, 20/30 tire combo. My ASF car was one that I had won a few decent box stock races with, and was a good car, but it might not have been the best setup for this specific layout. I also tried a brushless car and an awd with 70t and one with a 48t. The track is pretty small, and the 8t pretty much maxes it out. A 9t would not be advantageous on that layout.

Im in no rush to swap from ASF, but am considering a faster response radio like a eurus which should be a noticeable improvement over the helios, but give me similar ergonomics to my familiarity.