View Single Post
Old 2019.04.03, 11:32 PM   #71
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
You more or less described the kyosho stock class that we run. The only difference being that radio is not restricted, and I am not keen on restricting it. ASF cars did not come with a radio, therefore there was no "stock" radio. Implementing a stock radio role would exclude participants who have cars that can conform to the rules.

In no other scale have I seen a radio restriction, and there are some people who simply cannot use one for various reasons. I completely understand the reasoning behind it, and do not disagree with the fundamentals of the rules, but in the big picture, I don't agree. In reflection to the scope of the thread, economics, it makes total sense to restrict radio. Also in the sense of level competition. However, racers with disabilities, or one's who steer with the wrong hand (left) for the stock radio, this places them at a severe disadvantage where they cannot participate.

The most common topic that comes up when I discuss the state of mini-z abs structure for racing amongst my associates, is how to make it more inclusive rather than exclusive which is what many class structures do. Inclusive and inexpensive = more racers and lower cost of entry. For many experienced mini-z racers adding another car to the fleet is not very costly, however, the logistics of bringing another radio when they could already be packing two can be enough of a deterrent to race in the class. I would race if I could use a transmitter that I am already carrying, but bringing another radio should mean that I wouldn't race. I know that my position might be a little unique because I travel to every race via public transportation, so packing dense and light is crucial... others might be more willing to tack on another TX since they can afford the space.