View Single Post
Old 2016.12.22, 09:51 PM   #22
Sinister_Y

Hi,

Nope. The spring steel plate that you see is from our MR-03 high speed stability kit (which is also now compatible with the KMD-FR01). It is sold separately at this time. It is not necessary as the car uses a t-plate suspension system. That being said, it does improve the handling as proven on our MR-03s and testing of the F1.
Again, all that said, will depend on what size layout, etc.. The high speed stability is aptly named. It is really a great addition for high speed layouts and anywhere like chicanes (i.e. quick left to right, and vice-versa) sections. It isn't really suited for very tight technical layouts. In those cases, we remove this piece and just use the t-plate.

The things that will come with the initial offering will be the main chassis, the rear motor mount, the top plate, the body, the front bumper/nose, the rear wing, all the plastic a-arm parts including the sleeves that adjust the camber. I'm considering adding knuckles and servo plates (which have been designed and tested to fit), however trying to keep the price as reasonable as possible. The process we use to print is accurate up to 120 micron. it is highly accurate and the material is awesome, it's nylon. Which is very strong and durable. We use the same material for all of our 3D parts.

The rest you have to buy separately. I am in the process of final edits on the manual which has a parts list which will make everything clearer.

We had envisioned most guys converting their old F1s and that most guys had MR-03 parts lying around they could use to build this.

However, I will be offering add-on packages so that guys that want to build from the ground up can do so (i.e. which would include the high speed stability kit). We also plan to offer a Kevin built special model so you don't have to do squat but pay, wait for it to arrive and then drive the crap out of it!

In terms of t-plate setup, it is adjustable, just like touring cars. That is the beauty of this system. You can adjust wheelbase to your liking.

Hmmm, never tested with other mounts. We came to the conclusion during testing (for our 2wd mounts (98mm just released and 94mm to be added (i have them but not packaged them)) that plastic is the way to go with the caveat that you use 9500kv or lower as the plastic tends to hold the heat. Agreed that alloy is nice but it weighs alot and the objective of this design was to mirror F1 style in that everything was designed for speed. Where things broke or didn't hold up to our standards, then we added material. You're right, it was a long road. Plus, trying to measure all the tiny little crap inside the stock chassis was a real hoot (not). At least according to Kevin who did all the work.

Thanks, the real thanks goes to Kevin who really did 99% of the work. I helped to direct design in some areas like integrated front nose with the bumper and stuff, but it was his baby. He really knows his stuff. I hate to sound like a salesman, but ppl should definitely buy the MC3 book, it's also probably 80-90% him.

As for the atomic motors (brushless), they do fit however they are limited in the gearing they can use as they are larger than the PN motors. We have also tried the GL Racing motors as we are a GL racing dealer. Their new 8500 or whatever motor arrives soon and we will test with that too.

Thanks for the kind words; greatly appreciated. Again, all kudos to Kevin for sticking in there.. sitting in front of the computer all night designing Mini-Z stuff : )

Last edited by Sinister_Y; 2017.01.12 at 09:47 PM.
Sinister_Y is offline   Reply With Quote