View Single Post
Old 2014.11.09, 07:26 PM   #3
HoJo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zround View Post
Yes, ZRound works on Win8. In fact I use a Win8.1Pro/64 up to date.

An issue was reported last week by a user with a misconfigured AMBRc decoder that reported via PS3 protocol an static ip address "0.0.0.0" but it had a valid IP active. I have a patch for this, discarding the static IP info and recovering the active one. But if it were the case, you could ping flawlessly from a command prompt.

If you get a "General Transmit Failure" is because something on your windows network layer is failing. You need a network crossed cable for a direct link with the decoder. Otherwise (if there isn't any other network link up) you will receive such kind of errors.

If you have a regular network cable then try to use a hub/swich to connect both sides. Remember to enable DHCP on the AMBRc decoder if there isn't any other DHCP server on your network (i.e. router) or set the static IP address on both equipments on the same subnet (example: AMB=192.168.1.1/255.255.255.0; PC=192.168.1.2/255.255.255.0) if you don't have a DCHP service on the network segment.

Let me know if you get it working. Regards.
Hi

Thanks for your tips. After fiddling around with it, I managed to get it working and ran a race with it yesterday.

Thanks once again. Cheers
HoJo is offline   Reply With Quote