View Single Post
Old 2008.09.23, 11:14 PM   #75
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
That was the most grip that I have ever experienced. When I started racing it was on the foam anti fatigue mats that are similar to the smooth side of RCP. http://www2.mini-zracer.com/albums/a.../mini_z_j2.avi a quick video of after racing fun at the original HKS Hobby about 4 years ago where I started Note, the kid in the video was the winner of the C main at the PN race

I had to go to some very worn k-20d slicks on the second day, as well as go from a red spring to a purple. And my car still traction rolled at the hairpin on the first lap. The car pushes at my local track now... Not terribly, but very noticeable. I like steering, I dont usually drive my cars full lock, I steer as much as I need to in order to make the turn. I used to drive full lock, but it was too slow as there was much more scrub.

I ordered a Hudy tire truer, to make my front tires lower profile and flat. I prefer how they run better that way. Its big coin, but I dont think I am going to be getting much more new stuff besides the normal tires and nick nack here and there. I just got the 2.4 015 chassis that I am going to start working on for the worlds or the Canada regional if I can go.

Going into the PN race, I had a 94mm, 3x98mm and a 102mm MR02's set up ready to go. One 98mm shut down on me in the first mod heat, which I decided not to spend time on and use a different one since I was working on the MRCG. Turned out to be a loose connection to the batt terminal. It was a frankenstein 2.4, using my first MR02 chassis that I ever bought. It also has stripped screw holes everywhere, but was my best handling MR02, even with all the glue to hold the screws in.

Another one I blew the fets right off the board for Pan car after I decided to put the MRCG to rest, I had been struggling with the steering fix that I had done and I realized it wasnt working. Ed tried to fix it, but its Resting In Pieces. I ordered a replacement board for it since my local track doesnt have it in stock.

I allways like to go to a big event prepared, a few cars to feel what setup works the best, and tweak from there. One car isnt necessarily going to be the best on every layout, or even the same layout on different tracks. If it were low grip, I would have been driving 94mm.

I definitely dont think that I was racing my full potential. I had a LOT of unforced errors, especially in the A main. I think I slept about 2 hours from Friday-Sunday, with about an average of 4 hours a night for the week going into the race trying to get the MRCG set up. In a way the lack of sleep actually helped, since I was running on adrenaline the entire time, I didnt get jitters during the main where I normally would have and made it much harder to control the car. I just felt my body start to shut down a bit, and reaction time was slower.

I think you are a good driver, but I am pretty sure you werent expecting as much from the other drivers. The Action crew is one of the most competetive tracks in the North East. There were a few other top level racers that didnt make the race. DaveyG, Roland Shao, Johnathan and Phil. All of which would have made the A main if not possibly won. Johnathan and Phil are 16/17 and have won more championships than I have, I am more of a setup artist, they are more natural drivers. I can make my cars go fast, but Im not as consistant as I should be.

If you ever head up to NYC anytime, be sure to drop by Action RC on a Sat. evening, NYC on Friday nights are allways fun... unless your staying home getting your cars ready for Saturday night racing