Thread: XMODS on Sale
View Single Post
Old 2009.06.13, 09:37 PM   #25
Felix2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
exactly. don't hate on the product because it's a $25 rc... your getting exactly what you paid for and to expect anything more is just user error. yes, i said $25 because rs routinely discounts these for about that much. you just end up paying there mark-up and overhead with the new models.

for $25 these are a steal. these things are getting hundreds if not significantly more kids into micro scale rc. the trick is getting them to stick around after they get tired of the xmods limitations.
If it wasn't for Xmods I wouldn't be a Mini-Z guy today. I got my first Xmod Evo for $25 just like arch2b said, back in late 2005. In October 2006 I bought my first Z: A brand-new MA-010.
R/C was completely new to me and the year of practice with Xmods IMO was hugely beneficial to my knowledge base into RC electronics and performance. Even though I have a lot of Xmod stuff not getting much use I don't consider it a waste at all. Every once in a while I work on an Xmod chassis and/or PCB setup and they can still be fun. An RC genius who goes by ph2t (Inventor of the WoahNelly turbo series) said that without the Xmods scene (At least in part) there wouldn't have been such great advances in Mini-Z racing, micro motor tech, and other areas of micro RC electronics - It was because of all us Lithium-experimenting/Xmod-modding/chassis-hacking Speed Junkies that MOSFET/motor/battery technology really took-off in the micro 1/28th and smaller scales.
Felix2010 is offline   Reply With Quote