View Single Post
Old 2018.05.12, 09:30 PM   #1
akura2
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE

Send a message via Skype™ to akura2
Audi R8 LM questions...

Hey everybody... I picked up an AWD MA-020VE Pro not too long ago... it came with the Mazda drift body and wheels, gyro, and full bearings... I wanted to switch to the Audi R8 LM because I like the looks of it better, and I only got the model I did because for the price it came with the gyro and bearings... I planned from the beginning to put rubber tires on it and race it eventually...

My dilemma.. not only does the rear of the Audi sit up way too high compared to the photos, (and the Mazda), there's nothing that says whether you have to make the rear chassis wide or not... just the wheel offsets (which it comes with)

Do you leave the chassis setting at narrow and use the offset of the wheels to get it to sit 'right', or do you also widen the rear track as well? the rear wheels are a 2.2 offset, but I could easily go with 3 or 3.5 offset in the rear and not have an issue (and it would look better in the process)

I know the only way to get the body lower (without affecting spring rate/suspension travel) is to raise the body clips on the inside... I'll figure that out later

thanks in advance for any info