View Single Post
Old 2013.02.09, 01:40 AM   #4
gizmatron

Actually it did seem a little better when using the KT18 but it didn't solve the problem completely.. I still had to decrease the braking compared to my 2 other cars or lose the reverse..

After many tries and untold messing I finally spotted quite by accident that using my 3pks if I braked then went to neutral then pulled the throttle just a touch , not enough to move forwards, then pushed reverse everything worked perfect in reverse so I decided it was the radio.. The manual for the 3pks is god knows how many hundred pages but buried in there I found there is an electronic neutral adjustment that presumably allows you to tune out tiny errors in the centering of the pots.. well steering showed 120%, 0%, 120% fine... throttle 85%,112%,285% so there's the problem throttle pot not centering.. the electronic adjustment is only for a few % not 112 so I took the damn thing apart to find there isn't a mechanical adjustment, the pot is just held in place in the plastic by a tiny metal tab.. so I "mechanically adjusted it" with a pair of pipe grips.. simply twisted it while watching the adjustment screen until it showed 0% with trigger in neutral.. then fixed it in place with some glue.Radio back together .. rebind all cars and EVERY one now works perfect.. I am at a loss to explain why 2 cars had no problems and 2 wouldn't run though..still sorted now!

Only problem now is I bet all my 1/8 brushless buggies will have to be rebound also as the neutral has effectively moved 112%

Last edited by gizmatron; 2013.02.09 at 01:42 AM.
gizmatron is offline   Reply With Quote