View Single Post
Old 2019.01.16, 11:26 AM   #15
Ka0sgh0st

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU View Post
I wouldn't do more than a dual stack of the 8858. The fets should handle any motor toy can throw at it, but not sure whether the rest of the board can...

I would consider replacing the fets and seeing how it does with the motor. I'd the magic smoke let's out, then replace the board with a RWD board that sells for around $30 at a few locations. Besides the fets, it has much better resolution in steering and throttle than the old sports does.

Down the road you can get an evo, with the FHSS rx and a kt-432pt radio and drive all cars with this radio.
thinking about it now, since I have a sport and a sport 2 (the sport having came with the KT19, and the sport 2 having the KT531p) is there a difference in the boards, besides fets? If the sport 2 board is better, I should swap the LM to the sport 2 when I do the fet mod, while the sport stays with the 70t motor already on it. Just to give it a fighting chance.

I guess at the same time, if i leave the sport for the low turn motor, and the board goes I would be upgrading the worse of the 2 cars especially since the kt531 is a better transmitter than the KT19.

little bit of a conundrum there with a decision to be made once the fets are installed and motor going in.

I will be getting another car here soon, for the stock/classic GT class. I guess that will also influence the decision made, but I'm not sure how, just makes the decision more complicated
Ka0sgh0st is offline   Reply With Quote