View Single Post
Old 2006.03.01, 10:03 PM   #7
Sinister_Y

Cdog, so...looking at the links, what you would be comfortable with is what seems like a suitcase type bag. Which means zippers and handles as noted in the sample pic in the 1st link.

I think rharris has the right idea about using wheels and stuff, so carting this stuff around is as easy as pie.

Also, when I said design, I meant like a C.A.D. design (like what Draconius whips up for RCP track tiles (like 45 deg stuff), not just dimensions, though that is a start.

If I wanted the factory to make the bag with what we've got so far, they would probably have to charge for the design as well. That's because they would have to make a pattern, which they then cut from the material and then use the machines to sew it up, etc... It may take them sometime to 'get it right'. REmember they construct the bags, not engineer them...Although I guess I could hack my way through it to make something like what you had suggested.

I think we need some more help from some other members...plus there should be other guys/people who want to do the same thing as this and if we all band together it should be easier for us. Again, nobody is looking to make money here, this is just filling our needs so we can play our r/c cars with our buddies and cart our RCP tracks around.

Note that I am in Toronto, Canada. So, with the bags being made in Canada, it hopefully would be duty free due to NAFTA free trade act for anyone south of the border, like my American friends. However, there would be shipping charges though...

I'd have to validate with someone about exports involving fabric. I know that is usually means a big hit with custom duties if importing from another country into Canada, but the other way around, not sure.

This maybe a project that doesn't materialize (like that pun?) as quick as everyone would want, unless of course we get a CAD designing person to do us up a design, regardless I provide the dimensions as noted and get some kind of feedback this weekend. I will post any update to this thread.
Sinister_Y is offline   Reply With Quote