View Single Post
Old 2010.10.16, 10:04 PM   #71
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU View Post
Can you mount the cards elsewhere in the body, or does it have to be under the chassis?
one of the faults of the kyo ribbon has been the close proximity required for the kyo rfid tag. at least this has been the common experience with the kyo home timing system with dnano and mini-z with kyo rfid tags and generic rfid tags. the kyo rfid tags have also been reported to be very fragile so be cautious in cleaning them. in my experience with the system, the rfid tag must be on the bottom to pick up reliably. the rcp tile is at times to thick of a separation depending on the rfid tag being used. i have both the kyo home system and the core analog system (kyo system is built off the core analog tech, right from core analog, see the core analog vendor forum here for reference is interested).

there is plenty of this systems feedback and review in dnano circles btw.

perhaps kyo usa has a commercial version? any particular reason you are using 3rd party software? we also know from the kyo home system dnano usage that the feedback for the kyo software has not been kind. most non ht/usa locations use alternative software selection.

curious, have you tried using generic rfid tags with the software you are using? i realize it kind of flies in the face of making sales on the kyo branded rfid tags but lets be honest, there is a healthy profit margin on these considering the bulk price point of the rfid tags (less than a dollar each). unless there are complex and laborious programming tasks in the processing of the rfid tags prior to release which could account for some of the mark up. i have never gotten a response as to why these cost so much and or what production requirements make them so expensive? even core analog doesn't charge that much for his original spec rfid tags.

Last edited by arch2b; 2010.10.16 at 10:09 PM.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote