View Single Post
Old 2018.06.29, 05:52 PM   #3
BitChar-G

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
One thing to check on is if the current MR-03 servo motor will fit within the Overland servo gearbox assembly. The early ASF boards used the old servo motor and has since switched over to the coreless servo motor which may be different in size?

You will likely need to rewire the steering as I'm sure the MR-03 wires to the pot and servo motor may not be long enough.

Overall, I'm sure it's possible, just a question of how much effort and which ASF board.
Hmm, so it's even possible the MV-03 chassis also had an update to the servo motor? I have yet to buy an Overland, reason why I ask. I am looking at an older AM one right now.

Can all the ASF boards handle the servo motor variants or do I need to match them to the servo motor?

I have no problem soldering whatever needs to be soldered/extended/etc. I just want everything to fit proper and work proper, as the Kyosho released ASF MV-03 chassis kit would have.

Main reason is so I can use one modern radio between my Mini-Zs. Trying to de-clutter, by of course, buying more Mini-Zs....

Last edited by BitChar-G; 2018.06.29 at 06:39 PM.
BitChar-G is offline   Reply With Quote