View Single Post
Old 2010.02.20, 06:33 PM   #1
MantisMMA
tire schredder

MantisWorx multi DDS system is ready to ship!

finally got the first round of these done and ready to ship. so let me explain what it is and how to use it
when trying out different setups i got tired of "stacking" plates and different shock mounts and i could rarely get it right where i wanted it, i dont care for the carbon plates mainly because they are high maintenence and lets be honest carbon is not the best material for tryin dampen a race car that gets real dirty. if you had a way to keep it clean it works great but the grime is harder than the carbon resin and it eats it away and there goes your consistency. fiberglass actually works better but not as cool looking so its not popular! so i tried aluminum and at first with the softer types (6061,7075) they were not really better than carbon once the polish wore off but when they were polished they were awesome! so tried regular anodize and it was better but would still wear too fast for me. so hard anodize was the next option and KABLAM!! that did the trick not only is it harder than any kind of grit you will pick up , it has unique surface qualities you really dont need much fluid if any to get perfect damping properties in most situations, and it is VERY consistent!
body mount: well not much to explain here we all know what happens if you get hit the wrong way and your body pops off....RACE OVER!! now even with body mounts it cuts the odds down alot but you can still get your body jacked crooked if hit the wrong way.
adjustable wheelbase within the same body: what this is for is that i know on occasion i get a wild hair and start messin with the WB and i like to try the same body with different wheel bases but the problem is that if you move the DDS the post also move and you have to drill even more holes in your body. the plates is designed for 94/96/98mm
shock mount: there are many shocks out there and i have them all covered and this feature is built into the plate, you can use any shock and any wheelbase with the same plate!!
Manufacturing: Ok guys/gals here is the deal, i had 100 of these things laser cut because i THOUGHT that it would not leave a burr and boy was i mistaken it leaves a HUGE burr on one side so on EVERY plate i personally hand sanded them down flat and polished each one before they went off to the anodizer!! and i also rounded off the inside/outside of the damping circle so you dont have to grind off the anodize to do it after purchase! for this reason i can only do 20 or so per batch because it wears the fingerprints off of my hands and i can only do 10 or so every few days!
pricing: they are 16.50 shipped to the continental US (will ship outside but the cost will obviously be higher)
here are some pix! enjoy and if anyone has questions feel free to ask via the thread or PM. PM me to order

those of you that already pre-order will be shipped out mon/tue

Marcus Williams

Last edited by MantisMMA; 2010.02.20 at 06:43 PM. Reason: ooops
MantisMMA is offline   Reply With Quote